Background Image

So... what to do VS a shotgun stalker bolter?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by NeonWeaver, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Tarot NeonWeaver Steam Early Access

I can't beat stalker bolters at close range now with my DA ó_o. Even if I start firing, they just turn around and 2-shot me. If I run for cover, they 2-shot me anyway. Is frustating.
    I know there are some players really good at strafing (I'm not, they 2-shot me too). Does it work? ó__o

Any ideas?

I suppose that a warlock could help me with enhance, but the servo-skull basically nullifies any extra resistance buff...
  2. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

idea? yeah run away because unless they suck you'll die first.

2v1 or grenades or just don't play if you notice the team has a lot of SBs. I mean thank god for the Striking Scorpion, when I get pissed can at least be sneaky git and tear em apart in melee

oh and the servo skull won't nullify your enhance protection it'll override it and make you take 10% more damage.
    Gravewalker and MartinRAGE like this.
  3. Hania Steam Early Access

It will have to change. It is definitely too good, and it seems like an oversight (a huge one). It is clear that in an attempt to make scopes more desirable for mod slots (because who used them before?) the developers applied a wide sweeping change to scopes and didn't think about how it would effect certain weapons (like the Stalker pattern Bolter).

So now we have a long range accurate kill cannon that had bellow average (but workable) hip-fire suddenly becoming an all ranges kill cannon. I fully expect to see this gun more than Bolters until it is changed, its not even hard or expensive to unlock so it is easy to get even for new players.
  4. Skip LSM que. No kidding. Or delete the game. Devs almost showed us they will babysit their LSM moneybags and send us (eldar) to hell and oblivion of underperforming in any patch. I was complaining about our lack of stuff and TTK disadvantage, broken weapons. But now im just in rage facing new toys of LSM and new buffs to then we are waited our EHP buff...
  5. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

While I understand the frustation... let's not be LSM. We should be used to dev thoughtlessness by now.
    Krayt likes this.
  6. I havent played the new patch myself, but people say that it is not used and abused that much. at least not yet.

If you really want to you could start to boycott playing as Eldar until we get buffed. just play all the other factions and in theory the developer would have to either remove eldar faction entirely or focus more on giving eldar new stuff to make them more desireable to play.
    you would of course have to get more/most of the eldar playerbase with you so it makes a huge difference in player numbers.
  7. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

I just play Scorpion or Fire Dragon these days since DA feels as useless as when I took a break from him

FD loses all fights to bolt pistol tier weapons or higher but I still get mass amounts of exp for being the last Dragon (only dragon) and roasting 20 tanks a game

Scorpion I just take it easy as I kill people at my own pace, Stalker boltor scopes see stealth better or something so that's a downside but since people can toggle it off I might make it to the backlines sometimes and if I do you can kill a stalker boltor tactical normally.

I also find using my warmask of happiness helps me cope with insta deaths from the other side of the map as I just don't care

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjPqsDU0j2I&index=8&list=PLA23J9urSQA-RPVNROmGcka9AQaNLmUSj
    thantrus and DrMauf like this.
  8. Safreadis Safreadis Well-Known Member

Eldar are fine except when facing a Stalker bolter.

Fortunately, there aren't that many Stalker bolter users. At first there aren't that many tacticals, and few know that this weapon is truly strong/too strong. Since Apos and JPA got a buff (almost placebo if you ask me), better use the buffed classes!

I would like it to no be "scope toggleable" at first.

Otherwise, if you see a stalker, change routes and try to flank him. Because there is no way you'll win to him in a straight up midday duel.
  9. Tarot NeonWeaver Steam Early Access

I played 3 games yesterday and I'm pretty sure that half my deaths were from stalker bolters u-u, and same with my friends for what they said through discord. That's the reason I created that post, I was a bit stressed at the moment, I'm sorry.

Probably was the post-patch effect of everyone testing the new toys, but was really frustating at the moment. I hope that today it's more playable.

I was unable to go dragon in a hold the line map without beign 2-shoted all the time. Same with DA, even when I started ambushes, all my armor and 3/4 of my health was gone from one shot.
    And at hold the line (2 of my games were hold the line at defense) we were unable to create reaper walls at a high position because we were not only flanked by JPAs and GA (that was expected), but because there were so many snipers that at the second you braced a weapon, you were headshoted 2-3 times.

At one game, we lost the first point with 30 tickets, the second point was well defended (dragons did a good job -no snipers there-), but the third one was lost with 20+ tickets.

I really, really hope it was just the post-patch effect and some bad luck games.
  10. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Just wait until you start facing quicksilver bolter spam. Triple shot burst bolter with a toggle scope.