Background Image

So...what the *#&! happened to orks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UniverseBear1, Feb 15, 2018.

1. UniverseBear1 Recruit

I picked up this game last year, played a bunch of it. Maxed out my Orks. There were games all the time and it was a ton of fun. Probably played my last round of matches a couple months ago. Today I say to myself "Haven't played eternal crusade in awhile." so I hop on to play my old favourite, the orks. I queue up for battle and am waiting for like 10 minutes. "That's weird." I think. So I go to the world map to see if I can just join a game directly, only I can't, because there isn't a single game with the orks...what happened?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Oh boy here we go...
    Orks..... orks orks orks , eating soup with forks..
    lets see .... it all went down like this if my memory hasn't failed me ... and it often does.. because i'm getting too old for this shit...

There was not to many players in this game to begin with so ork pop was already not that high in the 1st place.
    Than the main ork guild got it feels hurt when orks did not get a single fix or buff to their underperforming wargear and/or vehicles for a very long time .
    So they all got emo one day and left. made a big deal about it on the forums calling us mudballs n shit...
    I told their leader i'd see him in 2 weeks again. when he cooled down a bid during his emo rant.
    And I did .. but it was only for 1 game.

Than about half a year later orso some parts of the ork clan came back but got shit on by BLOP members from what i've heard and verbally harassed for days.
    So they finally left for good it seems.
    Vaanes, Sonbot, Deathwish and 3 others like this.
  3. It's easier to get matches as loyalists or chaos so people who usually play eldar or ork mostly just give up and join either chaos or loyal. I had 2 matches as ork today so you do get them from time to time. There's just not enough people really.
  4. Orks and Eldar have almost been eradicated from the game. The first have never been fixed nor improved, have terrible vehicles, the worst healing class, and big part of their armory is useless.
    The second have been performing so well (OP vehicles, Fire Dragons, smooth animations...) that eventually people started to boycott the fights. Eldar didn't have anyone to play against so either they switched to another faction or they gave up.

And it's not clear what devs are doing to stop this trend.
    Vaanes and DrMauf like this.
  5. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Orkz stopped believing in da WAAAGH.
  6. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

What REALLY happened was that Free2Waaagh DIDN'T happen.. and thus resulting in free players flocking to LSM, and not to Orks.. but Orks die because LSM-appeal
    Vaanes and 0strum like this.
  7. -VI-Alerius Alerius Active Member

There are sometimes Ork games on EU Servers late night (11p.m. GMT+2). yesterday I fought them twice. the chances also increase on weekends.
  8. MORTARION PlagueMORTARION Well-Known Member

Brah!
    Sometimes at 21:00 or later at Moscow time (UTC +3 time) u will see some greenskins in da game(or may be eldar).
    Firskon likes this.
  9. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

Arkhona: no lootin', no fightin', no WAAAGH!
  10. FoxDie Sonbot Well-Known Member

They also got followed into other games and harassed there as well; it didnt end in EC. Also, I notice @Teef mentions another key point. DLB was the most visible ork community, but not the whole community. A lot of the basic ork pop left before DLB mudballed on out for reasons Catnium has also mentioned.
    Vaanes, LOBOTRONUS and Firskon like this.