Background Image

So What Exactly Is W40k: Ec?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clarkeh616, Jul 1, 2014.

1. As the thread title suggests i wanted to get an idea of what W40k:EC is and what the mechanics and playstyle is going to be? For example is EC going to be like Global Agenda where we mill around a large lobby in our avatars, buying things from shops, trading stuff and just generally chatting and then when we want to sign up to a battle lobby and get thrown into a large battlefield agains the other races for resources and/or capture points?

Or is it going to be like PS2, Where we have safe zones to spawn into and then move out to other continents and fight over strategic locations,capture them and generate resources that way including of course various vehicles to use in combat and transport?

The FAQ is fairly vaque on this part and i wanted BE to give us a honest transparent answer as to how this game will work, I have already put down my money for the founders pack so have many others so im not here to bash BE at all i just wanted to know what this game is going to be like.
  2. Mr Human BrotherZadakiel Well-Known Member

I think it will resemble more PS2, hopefully with a more... rewarding resource mechanic. It's still a long way to End 2015, so can't really be sure of anything :D
  3. Nahtow Nahtow Curator

This my friend, is generally the question you should ask before buying the Founder Pack :D
  4. Fenris Fenris Cipher

No way. Always leap before looking before someone else beats you to the reward!
    SockMonkey and Kaldor-Draigo like this.
  5. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

Did you really bought the game having no idea about it?

TLDR: 40% PS2 + 40% SM + 20% to improve upon the first two = EC

A player driven MMO third person shooter with RPG and strategic elements. You log in and you appear in your personal ship (or a bigger ship with more people if you are in a clan), then you can deploy to a planet similar to Auraxis, with several huge continents with load screens between them, you will fight for territory and more important, for campaign objectives and missions given by other players (war council), like in PS2 you are not locked into 1 class and you can change your class each time you die (this will be often if you are a inferior being like a SM or an Ork). Like in PS2 you can spawn vehicles (no flyers at launch), or spawn a more powerful unit like terminator or a hero for one life, this units will cost a big ammount of resources and will have a 24 hours cooldown (WIP). No vertical progression, if you want to shoot somebody in the face you have to aim, no target combat system bullshit and if you like games like WOW SWOTOR and stuff like that this game is pretty much the opposite.
    Leois, Mngwa, Kaldor-Draigo and 7 others like this.
  6. Godsmote Euwald Well-Known Member

Would think it will probably be a bit similar to ps2, at the start at least when you log in. Probably will start in orbit above the planet in a strike cruiser or something like that and then deploy from there. I really f****ing dislike liberator's and there cowardly pilots and gunners. figured I would just share that with everyone :)
  7. I really love the idea of the looooooooooooong cooldown on the uber suits (TDA and equivalent). So much potential to wreck face by coordinating a clan alpha strike, like "everyone hoard your terminator suit, we're hitting the factory at 1600EST. Be there or find another clan!" Powerful, but it takes the required level of teamwork to another level.
  8. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Im worried this Founders forum is gonna become a General subforum 2.0.
    Please, and im saying this nicely not trying to be a dick, these kind of threads belong in the General subforum more than here.

If anything we dont have much to talk about currently that cannot be done within the General subforum, when we start getting something to chew on (Alpha, game modules, etc) that would perfectly fit here imo.
  9. Djemo the reason i posted this here was so i could get an accurate response from other founders who have more knowledge then me on this subject, From what Joram has said above it seems this is something i would enjoy and the spawning of a hero unit for one life and then a heavy cool down sounds alot like the BFR from PS1.

Would be nice if a developer could confirm what he said though.
  10. I agree with Djemo, it is a fine question, best answered in the general forum than here.