Background Image

So This Is Where The Heretics Reside?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Tiberius-Publicus, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Bramif Bramif Subordinate

Everybody in here is sane... It's just everybody else that's insane!
  2. Stormtrooper Active Member

*wound begins healing*
    Its a good thing that strange creature gave me this admirable body.
  3. No need to swear so much broseph
  4. CrazyCanadian24 CrazyCanadian24 Well-Known Member

Why so serious?
  5. Uncle Tjek Tjeknalis Subordinate

He's super cereial.
  6. Sovano1 Sovano1 Well-Known Member

i heard thou talks about pink fluffy bunnies is that true??

7. Second Edition TT I assume you mean Warhammer 40 000 2nd edition.
    When I think Second Edition I think THE 90s! TASTE THE RAINBOW!
    I also think when I think of second edition as first edition rules but with standardization, the trimming and removing of all the Role-Playing, Skirmishing elements, in a sense Necromunda and Inquisitor are games much like original Rogue Trader

They swapped out the Warhammer Fantasy movement system for a fixed movement system across the board (although slow and purposeful was never removed till 6th edition) as well as the rules for squad formations. It had more combat phases than later editions as well. 2nd rules simply wouldn't work with the modern version of the game, they were in my opinion too slow to play out, a second edition game would take 2 hours to play and a 6th edition game would take 1 hour to play with the same models and the same armies and both would be just as enjoyable. But I think people would rather spend only 1 hour rather than 2 hours to have the same outcome. I think 6th edition is actually a lot like 2nd edition except 2nd edition to me was more like a warbands game, it still kept firing arcs from 1st edition as well as cover used to detract from the effectiveness of the shooter rather than adding to saves (or in the case of 3rd edition was to select cover save instead), removes 2 str from the attack, which to me makes a bit more sense honestly. They still have modifiers to hit.

Personally I rather like 6th edition because GW are slowly making a return to the rules of 2nd edition except without all the "bad" rules of 2nd edition (some of the rules for 2nd edition were pretty eeeeh, but most were fantastic). I never liked the 3rd edition rules nor their "expansions" being 4th and 5th edition rules which were pretty much 3rd edition with a couple of extra rules added.
    Tjeknalis likes this.
  8. Uncle Tjek Tjeknalis Subordinate

What?!
  9. Devaroth New Member

pink fluffy bunnies only.

We like good bbqs.
    CrazyCanadian24 likes this.
  10. Sovano1 Sovano1 Well-Known Member

is that true!!!