Background Image

So This Is Where The Heretics Reside?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Tiberius-Publicus, Oct 23, 2013.

1. To be fair, the Chaos Sorcerer was an Eldar without the speed boost.

In fact, a Tzeentch Sorcerer was far weaker since the health drop made it so you could be killed with one Combat Knife strong attack... from the front. Between that and Flickering Fire being worse than a Bolt Pistol the Masters of Warp Magic were probably the weakest units in the entire game. What great gameplay.

>Asymmetric Balance
  2. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

I assume MaestroNoob's stuff.

I went purging in the past. May you do better than I.
  3. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

I mean Sorcerers were pretty strong and had tons of build variety for a healer for the most part, I think it was my most played class since Warlock sucked and main crutch was exploiting the weaken spell on coms and spamming heal bombs for exp.

You were pretty nasty in melee at least, plasma pistol and force weapon and you auto win any and every melee fight, stun shot into heavy attack combo will kill everything that's not an elite, slap on a mark of slaanesh and you can outrun most factions too which can allow a flanking playstyle to get plasma stuns easier.

You also had lash of slaanesh which was another strong spell because you could stagger lock a ranged class while being a 2 shot kill with damage amp if you were good, making guns unusable was great since force swords beat knives, it was also so strong because range classes would panic and spam bash when facing a sorcerer or anything with a sword but a lash sorcerer would stand back laughing while killing them during the animation lock.

Health was also decent because unlike Eldar they had higher health pools and as such could get beefy from mark of nurgle and stack toughness, this would make them the second tankiest healer, or it did until they made apothecaries borderline op with endurance vials and heal nades.
  4. Yeah. If you're going to say the Tzeentch Sorcerer, which could be easily killed by a combat knife in 1-2 hits was a melee god then I'm going to have to ask you to get off the crack rock.

And Sorcerers aren't supposed to be The Medic from TF2.
  5. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

I never mentioned Mark of Tzeentch who cares about that trash? I mean what retard uses the Mark of Tzeentch anyway? Especially on Sorcerer who had like the joint second lowest armour in game and was the worst class in the faction for it? it was basically unusable on non vet ranged classes and even then, a mark of nurgle worked better unless you played the game like gears of war, sure it being worst in slot for a caster was stupid but it being trash doesn't make the class trash.

Also yes they are TF2 healers, it's called being a support. Masters of the warp? you play an "Aspiring Sorcerer", aka Thousand Sons sergeants who guess what? can heal, they were low ranking casters from the start and were Warlock level at most who also exist to support the squad, hence support roles that can spec into melee dominance.
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

7. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

Give a sorcerer a mark of Tzeentch and see them become borderline useless.

True power.
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

well.. guess who's about to lose more stonks.
    Human-Rights.jpg
  9. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

10. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher