Background Image

So The Reason For Not Allowing Us To Vote For The Black Templars...

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Rasako, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasako Rasako Well-Known Member

Is because we don't adhere to standard codex astartes doctrine? the only differences that I can find are in their hierarchy system which can be found here: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Black_Templars#.Uo6oK-JFphE

I am certain that this system could be tweaked and used as the titles of progression without having to DIRECTLY REPRESENT initiates training neophytes and the like.

ALSO, the Space Wolves do not adhere to the codex astartes either, as noted in this passage under organization: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Space_Wolves#.Uo6pyuJFphE

Please try to keep your bias out of the thread, as we all have our favorites and opinions, I am merely creating this thread to discuss the REASON behind not wanting to include the Black Templars into the game based on their organizational hierarchy not adhering to "codex astartes doctrine".

I also am not upset with David Ghozland or the developers, I am actually thrilled that they answered my question so that I have something to discuss with my fellow Black Templars and the community as a whole.
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Black Templars hate Psykers to the point where they don't have any Librarians, which clashes with the plans to include Librarians as a playable class for Space Marine forces.

They also refuse to fight along any Psykers, even the Librarians of other Chapters, with the only exceptions being the Grey Knights.

With Librarians set to be both playable and a major point in the forces of the Space Marine forces, the Black Templar's views on Psykers doesn't allow room for inclusion without creating an entirely separate resource system for them that would replace Librarians with an Emperor's Champion, effectively making them their own faction rather than a sub-faction of the Space Marines.

This is my take on what they mean. If they included Black Templar Librarians, the players would riot over the lore-breaking.

We might seem them included later into the release, once they figure out how to also include the Tau and their lack of Pyskers.
  3. Rasako Rasako Well-Known Member

It would seem that it would be the perfect early testing ground to see how the Black Templars would work without psykers and carry over the experimental results to the Tau then.

I also see no reason to not just remove the psyker class from the Black Templars as we've never had a use for them in the lore and it doesn't seem to affect our ability to crush our enemies!
  4. Uncle Tjek Tjeknalis Subordinate

The BT doesn't hate ALL psykers anymore, just xeno and unsanctioned ones.
  5. Rasako Rasako Well-Known Member

thats the new ward fluff right? I'll let it slide if it gets them into the game lol
    Nteger, Alarius_Almos, Solars and 4 others like this.
  6. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

The page I was reading on the lexicanum said they refused to fight along side anyone using Psykers, other that Grey Knights, so I based my post in that. They also don't employ them in their own forces, again, according to the same page.
  7. Rasako Rasako Well-Known Member

well as previously stated, we haven't needed psykers to crush the enemies of the imperium, they can just take out the librarian from the progression system and add in another class to take over, it doesnt even have to be psyker related at all. We do have sword brethren after all.
    Alarius_Almos likes this.
  8. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't care if they didn't make a replacement at all. I would be fine with just using chainsword and bolt pistol.
    Solar, Zurus, ThisHermitGuy and 6 others like this.
  9. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find any official source on this as I wasn't home for the twitch tv stream. Still trying to find what time this happened on the stream so I can hear it.

Sounds somewhat political from first glance though, probably have already chosen which we'll be allowed to vote on and BT just wasn't one of them.
    Solar and Chaplain Valerius like this.
  10. Rasako Rasako Well-Known Member

That's what we believe to be the case, as there's been a lot of BT hatred from GW lately, especially in the new codex. It's in the very beginning of the second AMA today at 6 EDT if you're still looking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.