Background Image

So I heard Deathgarden got the same treatment as EC...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by KharnVarus, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

So what exactly made you think its a good idea to make a thread?

We have all attention whore positions on EC forums occupied at the moment, no need to "information threads" without any information and I think I can say in the name of more people then just me when I'll say that we've had enough rumors and unconfirmed informations.
  2. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Well I just checked the numbers on steamdb for Deathgarden and they're bad. Worse than EC on release and Deathgarden is already released, not even in early access, so I'm pretty sure I have sufficient reason to believe this "rumor" by just doing the research myself.

Go there yourself and check if you think I'm lying.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

It just launched into Early Access. Tho nowadays an open testing phase is pretty much 'release'.
    Catnium likes this.
  4. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Yeah and when EC was in the same state it had like 5000 players peak, DG is 3000. EC also had a more consistent playerbase for longer, around 1000-2000, DG had like 500-600

Even if it isn't being abandoned from the start, it's going to be, because nobody's playing it.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

EC just atracts 40k people.
    It just has its looks basically. It doesn't really offer long term game play and it doesn't really attract regulair gamers unfamiliar with the 40k universe.
    if i had stuff to do outside of mindlessly play matches for the sake of mindlessly playing matches ..I'd actually be playing EC right now.

Since When I do play I still se loads of new toons I guess people fall off for similar reasons as me.
    They just get bored at some point probably..

that or they get tired of being farmed =D

DG is just doing bad because 4th nite is stealing all people.
    Why do a Beta game when you can do 4th nite for free right.
    The bar has been raised.

And all those shitty indie games on the steam f2p list are also not helping. flooding the list to a point whre you just give up trieng to find a decant game in between all the garbage on there.
  6. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

[​IMG]

Ahhhhhh.................. ! Finally ! Finally you open your eyes and saw the truth !
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  7. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

What? Oh right, well heres the thing, I still stay on the side of a few specific devs as people, not the company, I was never on the company's side. Whatever you assume I was shouting prior was wrong, I never defended the company or their practises, I defended the people who were shat at because of it.
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Company's and practices do not produce shitty game code.
    Devs do.. Devs with allot of shat on their hat
    Urtuah-Jibblies likes this.
  9. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Well last time I checked, most of the stuff was outsourced to china or other companies, so...
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Could be anyone at this point.
    Regardless I believe DG will actually fail harder than EC.
    Since 40k is a pretty sizable niche grp that doesn't really compete with current popular hype games.
    DG on the other hand.. has nothing... At Least EC has its visual appeal to a certain niche grp.

EC could have made BE a lot of money if they did it right.
    Saying 40k fans have more disposable income than you isn't a meme for nothing.
    LOBOTRONUS and KharnVarus like this.