Background Image

So, how's the Boltgun?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rheeva, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I think enough time has passed for everyone to form an opinion. Here's mine:

-I think the nerf was executed well. It didn't go over the top, it addressed the problems where they actually were and took feedback from the tests into account.
    Whether you like it or not, it was well done. I do kinda think it could have been done much faster tho.

-The meta didn't change. The attachments did, but the weapon is still the same and still the best option for most situations.
    There is still a bit of a Stormbolter-craze going on with LSM but, hey, I'm not complaining if they want to nerf themselves.
    Mid-tier Chaos teams seem to have abandoned the Traitor alltogether and just run a combination of melee-classes and Havocs but this has been a trend previously.

-However, there is a greater versatility in weapons being used. Stalker, Storm even Plasma. I have seen more AV and more Servo-skulls, interestingly not a strong shift in classes. For some reason, more people run Melta as AP.

-I did notice that it now takes longer to kill people, mostly because of the spread which is a bit annoying but not gamebreaking. The game was already not very hard on punishing mistakes, now it is even less. Melee vs ranged did not change significantly.
    Interestingly, I still find myself hipfiring with the Bolter whenever I can, whereas I prefer ADS with DA or Shoota.

-There are slightly less, big kill-numbers. Carries still carry but they don't carry as hard or as much.

-I think the most positive influence actually came from the drum-mag nerf. 30 rounds are still a lot but you can't just waste them anymore and expect not to pay for it eventually.
    If it wasn't for the Stormbolter, there would be less spray'n pray.
    CuCulainn likes this.
  2. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

Pretty good.

I used to ADS rather than hipfiring before the nerf already, so the hipfire nerf didnt hit me that much and I´m using AP rounds rather than drum mag, so again doesnt bother me.
    Schwifty likes this.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Bolter cant get a single shot off dbash
  4. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Bolter is still in a good place imho. Not as lethal as it used to be butI still use it and it is still very capable. Yeah I have seen more use of SB, plasma and stalker, have tried them a small bit but I still find myself falling back to muh bolter with cqc and pen rounds or drum mag. Stalker rollex is something I see a small bit more of too and is quite lethal in th rights hands.
  5. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Ranged debash hasn't been a thing in quite a while. Succumb to the spam!
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

well before bolter could at least shot once , now you cant so yo ubasically auto lose the fight unless you use rollex
  7. bolter is good but CQC barrel needs better drawback like lowering RoF instead of falloff mb, because 48 damage per each shot is too high
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

he already doubles the recoil
  9. I find nade bursting way easier when I lower myself to that level (typically only against guilds)
  10. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Standards/larding vs winning loses everytime
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.