Background Image

So About That Outcast Ranger...

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by BrentEllison, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

thank you for the clarification is really appreciate!

the first think: is clear that nobody reading the news letter can understand all this so next time can be better to add a short explaination after the (great) artwork, if the players on the forum ( the most informed about the game) don't understand, imagine the player that don't follow the game and read the newsletter ( they are screamimg p2w yes, i've read some topic around the web: the official forum is a gentleman club in confrontation of the rest of the web)

second: about in game terminology the game have hero and elite or only many "tier" of hero with different cost/cool down?
    Carontehell2 likes this.
  2. gettozachoppa choppa92 Subordinate

I am really hoping for a scout sniper sergeant in the futurejust throwing it out there guys...;) he may or may not have a beard....[​IMG]
    Hosk likes this.
  3. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

please..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Trovanus, Anthrillien and Galen like this.
  4. Lelorelyn DragonOfMars Active Member

This doesn't sound too bad, thanks for clarifying.
  5. Al'Chir Alchy Subordinate

Seems we are going to get a lot of power with regards as to what each class can do or is capable of doing.
    I like, high five.
  6. Luciasar Luciasar Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing this up. I'm sorry if some of us got unusually riled up over this news - we've all had no reason to doubt you so far! But we've all seen a lot of games that weren't what we were expecting, and we've all seen things we would have preferred to have been done differently. It's clear from this that you guys are putting your best foot forward here, and I couldn't ask for a better dev team.

I'm still solidly in the camp of not changing stats for founders. But I did like the idea one person put forward, which is having founders weapons be statistically equivalent to another fully upgraded and specialized weapon, with an entirely new model and skin. Same deal for heroes and vehicles - mechanics wise, they can be reproduced with existing weapons, but for the unique founders look and niche you can opt for the pre-assembled and 200% more badass looking version.

I personally love rangers, and would absolutely pitch in extra for the chance to embody one visually. But I don't want that to be seen as a unique statistical advantage over my teammates - if the ranger build could be recreated by an extremely specialized autarch, I would be more at ease.
    easterplatypus and Karukus like this.
  7. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

riled up? you and your like-minded fellows almost started a rebellion....
    Alchir and Kudzu like this.
  8. Luciasar Luciasar Well-Known Member

I will argue my ass off to keep this game from becoming an unbalanced cash cow, like I've seen happen to so many others. If you want to take sides, I will happily fight you right up to launch day.

Regardless of how you and your peons wanted to read it, that newsletter said pretty clearly that they were going to be selling an iconic eldar class for founders only. With context (multiple in-game snipers, re-creatable builds, continuing openness to input) this is not as big of a deal as we thought. But we're lucky: with any other dev team, it could have had much worse implications.
  9. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

And all we said was w8 for more info but no you and your friends had to spam threads .
    Alchir and Kudzu like this.
  10. Luciasar Luciasar Well-Known Member

We spammed threads with QUESTIONS and got ANSWERS. As was the entire intention. We got what we wanted - a polite, informational response, that answered our concerns and asked for continuing feedback. It was very productive, despite some passive aggressive name-calling that got bantered around the edges...
    easterplatypus and Karukus like this.