Background Image

So About That Outcast Ranger...

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by BrentEllison, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Ganelon Ganelon Well-Known Member

Vindicares are assassins, not front-line troops.
  2. Malazius Mec Cipher

Thanks for the clarification and it is good to know that we will be getting more information on all classes before the 25th.

Can't wait to see the non-founder class ( I'm guessing it would also be an elite as well if I understand this correctly? ) that could potentially play similar to the outcast ranger

Edit: Changed above to make more clear to my meaning since equivalent was not the word i was looking for.
  3. Zavalus Zavalus Well-Known Member

As I understand what Brent said, there will be no equivalent class. Although you will be able to give other classes a loadout, that will enable them to fullfill similar role on the battlefield.
  4. Malazius Mec Cipher

Yeah that's what I got out of his post also, but what I posted did not come across that way. edited to make a bit more clear hopefully. Been one of those long days and no sleep working on a project.
  5. xDAx Dragon Seccy Subordinate

I wonder if we'll be able to play as Pathfinders in this...? You know, the ones who have become lost on the Path of the Outcast.
  6. Ivan Mulkeen ScorpioSymbol Well-Known Member

We never sleep. The infinity circuit keeps us awake. All the time. Watching.

Have a good night!
    Asurael, Alchir, Khyrus and 3 others like this.
  7. winbringer windbringer Active Member

I am happy with this, i was worried for a bit but this is exactly how i hoped it would turn out to be.

I take it all founder elites/heroes are unique versions of whatever kind unit they are with a set look and loadout?
  8. Rabilon Karukuz Subordinate

Thank you for clarifying things Brent. As long as the point cost for this unit is not extremely high it might not be the monster I thought it to be.
    Still hopefully it will not stay exclusive for too long after release because it will be off-putting for non-founder players. And greatly so.
  9. I am guessing that standard classes with weapons that are capable of zoom are going to function like a squads dedicated marksman. Instead of crawling in the hills by himself a dedicated marksman (DM) stays with his squad and provides medium-long range fire support. A DM also focuses less on camouflage and just moves tactically like a normal grunt.

In my opinion this is a great role for weapons such as the stalker and it will stop people from just camping up in hills.
  10. Rabilon Karukuz Subordinate

One questions popped up upon reading more:
    How do you believe a stalker bolter marine and a dire avenger with long-range combat specialization will hold up against the ranger ? Shouldn't he as a dedicated sniper be better ?