Background Image

SM vs Eldar now?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Nerf them till they all leave.No more worrying about Eldar.
    Faeruin and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  2. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Funny thing is that shit almost worked. Unfortunately the Eldar and Ork players are tenacious and still play out of spite.
    Trooper909 likes this.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Unfortunately they never touch orks
    Slough_Monster and Arafael like this.
  4. Eldar players still play Eldar because they like all things Eldar, same for the Orks. Isn't it the other way around though? If you are trying to drive other players from a game because your own insecurities, wouldn't that make you the spiteful one?
    Arafael likes this.
  5. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Iono. Probably if that was the case. I don't have any insecurities about this game. I don't really play it any more. Another game (not another 40K game, mind you) has occupied my time now. After seeing what 40K fans are like here, I don't think I'm going to get involved in other 40K communities. online game communities. 40K fans here are like WoW fans that only play Horde or Alliance but not both. A self hating community that can't stand the other side just because they like something different than what they like. There are too many elite fuck nuggets here that insist on constantly bragging about how good they are and love to talk shit to anyone that's not on their level, either by choice or by skill gap. This place isn't a community, this place is a kawk measuring conference. If EC was actually popular and had a player base of more than 250-300 players, somebody might actually be impressed by someone's Rollex and nade tricking skills.
    Catnium likes this.
  6. when the exploits are gone, they will lose interest, and we will remain. The people responsible for the toxic behavior, nobody likes, not even other LSM players.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  7. This isn't a "we hate Eldar" thing, this is people making it personal.
  8. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

I don't believe strategy is the problem. Every match I've recently played against Eldar it has been painfully clear that Eldar players are just better on average. The issue is just individual situational awareness and competence.

Eldar players notice downed allies and revive them. Eldar players are capable melee combatants like 80% of the time and actually use all 3 melee actions variably. Eldar players generally support each other a lot better. Eldar players almost always recognize the importance of AV. Eldar players are usually situationally aware of their surroundings. Eldar players usually react quickly to threats.

If Loyalist Space Marines played with the same general awareness and teamwork all the time, this constant discussion about how to deal with Eldar would definitely be the other way around.

The 'counter' to Eldar is just your whole team being equally as good players as theirs are.

We can spend all month discussing what "advanced tactics" you can use as an individual on a game-to-game basis, but none of them will count for shit when you are constantly overwhelmed by superior numbers because your team mates can't get their shit together.
  9. @Rathael true, and thats why eldar suffered countless nerfes, mb except FD, because its global rebalance
    Rathael likes this.
  10. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Yeah, practice makes perfect. Situational proactive stealth / flanking, agility builds are key, max fuel cells max fuel regen with power sword, no armour and MANUAL bolt pistol (because anything else is an insult to your own abilities, people will respect you for not using a smart pistol)