Background Image

Skulls for the Skull Throne! Free Skull cosmetics (this weekend only) and new patch!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KatieFleming, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Katie Fleming KatieFleming Former Community Manager

[​IMG]

(Repost from Steam)

Skulls for the Skull Throne! Free Skull cosmetics and new patch!

Skulls of Arkhone in-game campaign starts tomorrow Friday 21st.
    You will also receive one cosmetic item for each faction when you log in over Skulls for the Skull throne weekend, three chests and Eldar get a helmet. It's pretty skully and unique for this weekend. They won't be available again.

Patch Notes

Patch 1.4.25, deployed Tuesday, July 20th, addresses matchmaking, performance, optimizations, bugfixes, balancing changes to loyalty point costs and melee, cosmetics, map changes.

General

• Reduced maximum range for weapons to match character relevancy distance.
    • Apothecaries now have access to MKIII and MKIV backpack appearance items.
    • Fortress Agnathio has a new side entrance on defender's right/attacker's left of the fortress.
    • The end of the "secret" pipe on Agnathio is no longer out of bounds, so it is possible to shoot into the new side entrance.
    • Maggon Station has had many of the "far" spawn points moved closer to the B and C capture points. Defenders should find themselves spawning 150 meters away instead of 200+ meters now.
    • Settings screen overhaul to allow for further advanced options and settings to be added.

Balancing Updates

• Loadout point costs for many weapons have been reduced. Every "Mastercrafted" weapon was reduced at least by a little.
    • Defensive Bash of the combat knife, ceremonial knife, spiked knuckle, 'urty syringe, and Narthecium now result in short stagger instead of long stagger.
    • Many trinkets have been changed to be percentage-based modifications.
    • Black Bolt Defense: Added an extra tank and two extra transports to the attackers. These are available on the right side spawner (when facing towards the fortress).

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where the announcer sometimes voiced messages from the wrong faction. He should no longer be affected by the warp.
    • Olipsis Refinery: Increased height of vehicle blockers to prevent Eldar vehicles from entering capture point B.
    • Fortress Ronan: Repositioned vehicle spawning icons on the 2D map to be closer to their respective vehicle spawner.
    • Fortress Ronan: Fixed gap in ruin that characters can get stuck in.
    • Medusa Relay: Added blocking volume adjacent to fuel tanks in capture point C to prevent characters from being trapped behind them.
    • Fixed a bug where the Warlock plays the pistol grip animation when using Destructor, Embolden, Enhance, and Force psychic powers.
    • Silva Shoota (available via Steam DLC) now uses the correct "Big Shoota" barrel mods.
    Aducat, Zael, Thorndal and 13 others like this.
  2. Dyuth Steam Early Access

3. Aven Aven Subordinate

Seriously bE, you couldn't do better for Eldar than a shitty helmet recolour when everybody else got something new?

I wasn't expecting anything, but I still feel let down.

EDIT : Oh LORD. The most optimised Dire Avenger loadout now has FIVE WHOLE NEW ARMOR POINTS. Eldar Truly OP.

Meanwhile I just managed to slip a plasma pistol on my Nurgle Marine. But all is fine.
    Largo and Utherix like this.
  4. Gungazzam Choure Subordinate

Honestly, this has been a pet peeve of mine since the Silva Shoota came out, thank you for doing this :)
  5. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Uhm, Chaos' Aspiring Sorcerer has an issue like this one too. His hand's animation while having the Daemonbolt selected is the same as when he is holding a pistol. Doesn't apply to all abilities though, the Stream of Corruption for example has the correct animation.
  6. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Solid patch, the trinkets feel a lot better.

Dunno why you'd even want a plasma pistol but ok LOL.
    Talron likes this.
  7. acepost acepost Active Member

Could you guys look into changing the LP cost for Boltgun ammo mods? Currently I still find Drum barrel the most cost effective and useful mode compared to AP ammo mod and Blaze rounds ammo mod. I honestly feel some rebalancing of the bolt gun ammo mods might be required.
    0strum likes this.
  8. Gungazzam Choure Subordinate

Going through the free cosmetics, I feel sorry for any Chaos player who recently bought any of the Chaos Star Torso cosmetics, the free chaos cosmetic is an upgraded version of the 5k RTC Chaos Star.

Liking the Ork Skull torso, not much to it, true, but it looks just nice and simple, and doesnt clip through your weapon like the looted 'umie armour.

The free LSM cosmetic is a little underwhelming but considering they have tons of better paid torso cosmetics anyway...

And the Eldar get a Dark Reaper Helmet of there RTC paid version, atleast I can say the black one looks better then the free white one atleast.

Loving the changes to trinkets, however I think the Armour regen trinkets are a little too good, 10lp for 7.5% increased regen and 20lp for 10% increased regen, thats 17.5% for just 30lp (the 15% regen Wargear is 60lp)

Master Crafted weapons defiantly got a massive LP cost drop, think we will defaitnly start seeing a lot more MC weapons being used now.
    0strum and Firskon like this.
  9. Aven Aven Subordinate

Why would I want one of the best sidearm in the game in my loadout? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    NostramoBorn and Utherix like this.