Background Image

Skins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

There is an boatload of iconography variation that can go on the shoulderpad with upwards arrow of tacticals(also applies for assault and devastator shoulder too). There used be an document up on naftka presenting officially approved(i assume) variations but i cant find it right now.
    Recolor DA tactical shoulder for UM.
    For devastator id like to see the helmet with lens. There used be an official miniature picture, will link if can re-find.
    For alpha legion an beakie helmet.
    Proper color chest aquila for Dark Angels. The current shade of gold feels wrong, im not even sure if they use gold?.
    Veterans helmet, yellow with red stripe for Imperial Fist veteran.
    Properly done shoulder and chest for Space Wolf.
    Anything not bloodraven specific in DoW2:Retri should be good to go for some of the Loyalists.
    An pink plasma projectile plasma gun for chaos.
    Dragonsmouth sculpted lascannons for chaos havocs.

At best we go gather pics instead providing wall of text, dont ya think.
    Vaanes and Ivrain like this.
  2. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

Now that I know what I'm doing when it comes to texturing stuff, yeah I can get em done pretty quick.

Longest part is usually waiting on approval.

I do agree that if the colors are exact it looks a bit odd. But this def isn't ultra blue.. Just eyed the color while I was doing it.
    Data8671 likes this.
  3. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

That would be awesome and much easier for me.
  4. Varakor Varakor Preacher

+1 to all the yellow with red stripe suggestions for Imperial Fists, especially on a MK III. That would make me happy.

Maybe just a normal chapter-colored version of that MK IV helm used for the Veteran Stripe could be nice too. The one similar to it that we have is a lot flatter and seems smaller too. Speaking of that, what are the odds of getting the white stripe on it without being a vet if not a normal colored version? It looks weirdly naked without it.

Possibly Craftworld colors for the Aspects, at least on the body? I know that'd be a lot of things, but still, it'd be a nice touch.

Also, not really new skins, but pls make all the dull bronze skulls and other things on CSM and LSM weapons actually shiny gold.
  5. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Yes simple reskin is easy if you are semi competent or even not tbh.The past "devs" (I use that term dev loosely) where full blown retarded or sat in the office doing nothing.

If you are talking armour reskins as well I'd like to see more solid colours for Ork shoulder pads since the checks are way over done imo.
  6. Stripes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nurgle Plasma Gun (similar colours to this)
    [​IMG]

And do you think you could add more spikes to Chaos tanks?
  7. Awesome!!! Before I type out my reply, I have a question. When can we expect to see the Flesh Tearer skin (and others?) for sale?

Space marines could use some Armor skins-
    More Spacewolf "Pack" markings on shoulders and kneepads
    Wolfguard
    [​IMG]
    Longfangs
    [​IMG]
    Bloodclaws
    [​IMG]
    More Dark angel company markings on shoulders and kneepads
    [​IMG]
    More Blood Angels company and squad markings on shoulders and kneepads
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    jbregg and Ivrain like this.
  8. Weapons like the Venerable bolter, Apollo pattern plasma gun, the melta gun, power fist, chainsword and stormbolter would all look great with some chapter specific skins.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@jbregg, I don't know if you have access to or are familiar with the Imperial Armour books, but they have a lot of examples of weapons and armor to draw from.
    Aislinn, Schwifty, LOBOTRONUS and 2 others like this.
  9. Mekitoiss URIELFUKKENVENTRISS Well-Known Member

Industrial stripe multimelta, yes yes!:CSMIron::CSMIron::CSMIron::CSMIron:
  10. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

Flesh Tearer stuff is still a WIP, it's getting close though I must admit. It's still pending approval as well.. so there's that to deal with.
    BrotherDamnatus and Vaanes like this.