Background Image

Skins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

I see the Sorc had an useful spell.
  2. Striped shoulder pad trim colour for Iron Warriors would be nice
  3. I had an idea to improve the "Flesh Horns" helmet, because it comes with the Steam Chaos packs/Imperium Edition but the helmet itself is really bland looking.

Replace the base helmet with the "Relic MK.IV" helmet, then recolour the face-plate to the legion trim colour and the silver plates (below the eyes) to the legion primary colour. Add the arrow crest from the Black Legion helmet with the appropriate trim colour.
    [​IMG]
    Firskon, Ivrain and Data8671 like this.
  4. Yesssss!!!!
    Cyborg_Dragon likes this.
  5. Sorry, I haven't been in the forum for a month, so I'm a bit late for the party...

The Sternguard Bolter has the same colour as the amour of the marine, so it's almost invisible. For most chapters black would look great. But at the moment it looks disappointing:
    [​IMG]
    Same goes for the Blood Angel specific weapon skins: Even if they use a slightly different red then the armour, I would prefer them to be in contrast to the armour (so black would be the best, with some details).

Also: I wish BA had the option for black shoulderpad trims (and maybe even golden chest eagle). I prefer there 2nd Edition colour scheme alot over the 'everything is just red' GW uses since then. In fluff, the BA in the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy still use the old colours. Also the successor chapter Angels Encarmine still uses them (with black backpack): http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_Encarmine

So maybe one of those would be an explanation for GW to accept black shoulderpad trims for BA in EC?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

PS.: Hazard Stripes for Iron Warriors and Checkboard for Orks is also always a good idea ;)
    Grammaticus_John likes this.
  6. Gravord Gravord Active Member

@jbregg
    Speaking of oversizing things, can we fix BA chainsword to look like this beauty?
    [​IMG]
    The one in game "wing" is bigger than marine torso...
    Could cut way more from this pic too, boots, shoulders, chest, even gloves. As its EC load screen maybe there are even assets for it somewhere, lost in the warp waiting to be found.
    Cyberjankie and Ivrain like this.

7. Sternguard was originally only black. It looked great and really stood out for all Chapters because the black contrasted sharply with their main paint color scheme. For some reason someone changed the paint scheme to match the armor, which, as stated, results in the weapon totally disappearing in a sea of red or blue or whatever the primary base color is for the Chapter.
    Cyberjankie likes this.
  8. These were poorly implemented because the horns appear to be just plopped on top of the ceremite helm instead of seeing a proper transition between armor and flesh. These horns look more like flesh than horn and the metal portions aren't even painted to match the helm or trim on the helm. This was obviously copied from the Chaos Chosen miniatures from the Dark Vengeance set.

Here's that set. Notice how there's gold metal on the interior and base portions of the horns. Notice the base metal fitting all the way around the bottom of the horn, that holds the horns in place, which results in a much better overall look and is much more believable than what we see above.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. Ivrain Active Member

You have obsolete art, it is obvious that they used this as a reference:
    eternal_crusade_key_art_by_diegogisbertllorens-d9tnwwr.jpg
    This makes us recall a long-standing scandal when in the MMO Star wars the developers made the handles of light swords thick almost in the hand, the noise was there.
    And we have a quiet evolution in the cartoonhammer 40k.
    Firskon and Krayt like this.
  10. Gravord Gravord Active Member

Dont know if its obsolete, its first image i see after launching game :p