Background Image

Skarblitz: What's His Story?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Poked, May 7, 2016.

?

Who would win in a fight?

1. Warboss Thrakka

2. Warboss Krokilla

3. Warboss Skarblitz

4. Warboss Gorgutz

5. They would each simultaneously manage to kill each other at the same time.

6. Why not stop fighting and have a cup of tea?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ohyoupokedme Poked First Blood!

He seems to have a history, you can tell with all the cosmetics he has on. Easily level 100 or higher.

[​IMG]

Did he go toe to toe with a Dreadnought and took it's claw? What's his deal with Space Wolves stuff? Does he just like the bling of Space Marines?

I'm super curious about this guy, dunno about you gits.
  2. He doesn't have a history, he's an OC made by one of the dev's sons
  3. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Check the short story section. They describe how he gets the dreadnaught claw in one....from the point of view of a SM. Also it seems his only motivation is he hates space wolves because reasons. No real back story on why. So once again SM maintain a strangle hold on lore even when it has nothing to do with them.

A while bqck there was a thread about how the ork fans didn't care much for skarblitz because he is too focused on SM and not on just being the biggest baddest ork he could be. His story needs a rewrite imo.
  4. Ohyoupokedme Poked First Blood!

Well, it'd be nice for an Ork Warboss to have some character behind them rather than being a copy paste of every warboss that has ever been in existence.

I mean, come on, EVERY ork is out to be the biggest and baddest they can be; that is literally their only purpose. But that doesn't mean Orks can't also have character. Or have some sort of vendetta against a particular group.

Even if it is something as ridiculous as "I like the way they bleed" or "I like their shiny bits" would be a decent character development. What if Skarblitz had been defeated by Space Wolves again and again before, and now that he's big and he's bad, he's back to tear them to shreds? Idk, but right there I just gave Skarblitz more character.

Orks don't need to be only focused on fighting. That's like a human only being focused on survival when living in a suburb goody-two-shoe neighborhood with free electricity and a grocery store two minutes away. You can find time to watch TV somewhere in there and still manage to survive.
  5. Ohyoupokedme Poked First Blood!

Well den letz give 'em one!
    TARINunit9 likes this.
  6. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

They kinda do though. Its literaly ingrained in their DNA to do just that. Plus tons of warbosses have unique characters without focusing on one enemy. I like that he killed a dreadnaught and took his claw, but I don't like making our characters be all about another faction. It just feels like cheapening our lore and characters.

The thought of an ork that will drop everything he is doing like say fighting a massive IG invasion supported by imperial knights and titans just because he heard there could be a squad of SW somewhere makes me facepalm.

They should explore his unusual acceptance of a weirdboy as his right hand man so to speak more. That speaks of more tactical thinking with an emphasis on utilizing any weapon he can get.
  7. Ohyoupokedme Poked First Blood!

Yeah, I'm not saying there isn't a line between vendetta and outright going-out-of-your-way-to-do-something-stupid-because-revenge, but what I am saying is that Skarblitz can have a certain fondness or preference for his killing; almost like a fetish for killing Space Wolves (actually that would be a very interesting thing if Orks can grow fighting fetishes). If he prefers to kill Space Wolves, that's fine by me. Of course, it has to be realistic; If Skarblitz were to do as you said and miss a larger fight for the sake of killing wolves, that would be going against everything Orks can do. I mean, an ork would BARELY be able to resist a large fight like that, if at all. But if Skarblitz sees two guys, a Dark Angel and a Space Wolf, then if he want's to kill the Space Wolf because he likes killing Space Wolves for his own reasons, then so be it.

Orks can be angry. Revenge can be a thing. So long as it isn't unrealistic or unreasonable to orkish nature. Orks aren't human, so they can't just avoid a fight just to kill their nemesis, they'll just stomp through everyone first, THEN krump the one he wants to krump.

Or just kill everyone on the way toward the one he wants revenge on.
  8. Noize Karja Arkhona Vanguard

In that regard I really liked Kaptin Bludflagg in DoW Retribution, who in the Ork campaign ends up in the middle of a war against Chaos just because he wanted to have Inquisitor Adrastia's hat. Oh yes, and she shot down his krooza. Never touch an Ork's krooza.
    Trenchwar likes this.
  9. Ohyoupokedme Poked First Blood!

Do you know which Dev?
  10. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Orks do have favorite enemies. Skarbliz just seems a little too focused on SW. From my understanding thats why he is on Arkohna to begin with. That seems odd to me. He should be there because he found out chaos, imperium, nids, and the eldar (and later to come factions) all decided to fight it out on a single planet. In fact that should be bringing every ork that finds out about it down on their heads not just skarblitz.
    Blakklaw likes this.