Background Image

Sitting Ducks

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Training' started by Rheeva, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I am observing this so much, in particular as a Hawk and on one hand I feel kinda bad for my enemy, on the other hand its kinda their fault...
    Let me first illustrate the problem using a detailed, tactical visualization I spent many hours on:
    sd.png
    The point is clear, I hope: If you are caught in a disadvantegous position or situation: Dont Fight, Dont Shoot back, Dont stop or stand still, fucking RUN! Get to a safer spot, high ground, cover. This is true pretty much every time your enemy has high ground and much more important when you are caught in crossfire.
    In particular I want to adress three situations:

1) As Hawk, it is really easy to get up on a roof behind you where you cant reach me, cant kill me, but I can shoot you. If you have no way but to fight under that roof, for instance when I am sitting on top of the Torias A-point, its ok to make me keep my head down by shooting but keep in mind, that I am not actually trying to kill anyone, I just want as many of you as possible to waste their time on me instead of my team.
    However if you can think of a way that allows you to ignore me and go somewhere else: do it.

2) Also, as a Hawk, I like to land behind or in the flank of an attacking team and start shooting them. With a good team we can easily attack you from three different angles and there is really no fighting back to this. The best you can do at that point is completely ignore us and focus on getting to the point. If one or two of you die, its still preferable to becoming target practice in the open field and completely fail your assault on the onjective.
    "Crossfire" is not just some term, it is a way to easily and with certainty obliterate any resistance, it means setting up a killzone.

3) Finally, against fortified positions, in particular Fortress B-points: Its not bad to have some snipers or AOE-weapons set up to decimate the defender. But if you dont play one of these weapons, every second you spend on low-ground is wasted.
    You wont do any kind of significant damage unless you get toe-to-toe with the defender, even if it takes you a try or two to make it inside alive.

In summation: Dont play a game you cant win, change the rules until the outcome looks brighter.

Image-references:
    https://goo.gl/images/tJpySk
    https://goo.gl/images/GwVmMi
    https://goo.gl/images/ABGgjE
  2. EugeneHardy Recruit

when you caught in such position as a new player vs someone with better gear no point of running you will die in one second... especially vs fuking OP havocs.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

This has nothing to do with gear, you might have 50-60 more EHP on a good loadout, that wont really matter in a situation like this.
    Everyone can run, everyone can dodge, everyone can dive for cover. You will die or you will not, but you significantly increase your chances if you leg it.
  4. Zarbustibal Zarbustibal First Blood!

Did I miss something? Since when are havocs OP? :D I mean unless you run right through their line of sight or straight at them you should be fine, no ? Run and roll for the nearest cover and you should survive :)
  5. Brikksmasha DoomedOne Drill Abbott

Oi! Thiz 'ere iz not a sitting duck. Thiz 'ere iz a sitting duck, ya git!
    [​IMG]
    Corie likes this.
  6. Kommando-007 Corie Confessor

[​IMG]