Background Image

Simple Solution for Major Flaw

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KroozaNob, Jun 25, 2018.

?

You like it?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

Fortress gates...

Yeah, we have all been there, yelling teammates not to destroy them to keep defenders' tickets on the walls.

Sadly many people can't comprehend this concept during the heat of combat, so we end up with guys blowing up gates in the first 3-4 mins, basically denying the ability to drain tickets in a faster way.

Here's my solution: making gates invulnerable for 5 minutes to all sort of weapons. This way we won't have to yell to people about a counterintuitive tactic and instead focus on bleeding the enemy.
  2. then the problem becomes in attackers favor as theyll just rambo suicide burst the gates with infinite lives and they win..
  3. Timers are not a fun mechanic. I'd like to make fortress maps an inevitable win for the offenders by removing timers, keeping the ticket system in and just giving more xp per kill for defenders.

Once all the tickets are depleted and the match is over sides are switched, essentially making it an open world instanced map that people can come and go as they please and not feel rushed knowing eventually they will have their chance to defend or offend.
  4. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

remove time

changes to lives 250 - 300 defenders and 400 - 500 enemies

test to UAT then vote for balancing
    URIELFUKKENVENTRISS likes this.
  5. Nah boi, that would just make them even meat-grind-ier then they allready are.

I say tickets for everyone! The Ratio Attacker-Tickets / Defender Tickets would have to be determined of course.
    +Timer that extends for every Point captured of course but much more generous
  6. toad Chesstoad Menial

Or just make it so tickets remain on walls even when gate is blown and never transfer to B. Defenders will actually have an incentive to defend gates and A point. As is now best strategy is to let attackers blow gate and capture A while turtling on B with max tickets.

Seems like a simple fix to me.

As is now, when I attack I pull a vindicator to blow up the other vindicator and then drive mine off a cliff.
  7. This is friggin heresy, but i see why you would do that. Sad how the gamemode forces you to go full Heretic
  8. I would like to see defenders and attackers have tickets based on current won/lost normal maps. Fortress being a special mode locked until so many regular matches between two factions have been played then tickets calculated opening it up

9. If attackers could actually capture spawn points on the wall this should be fun.