Background Image

Sigil of ... ?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by TekTerror, Mar 13, 2017.

1. TekTerror Recruit

I have 3 of the 5 Sigils for the Chaos advancements, but I am unable to locate them on the loadout editor screen for any class in any of the options (war gear 1/2 & etc).

Are they only for the elite classes? (I don't have any for chaos yet)
  2. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

You got it in one. Sigils/Halos/Burning Runes/Golden Gobs (I think) are elite exclusive. A shame I think, love the gob look on an ork.
  3. Sigils of... Overpriced (and reserved for veterans only thanks to patch 1.3.11)
  4. TekTerror Recruit

Funny thing is that you can get the god sigils without the elites.
  5. Shiani Brujah Preacher

You can take Marks, if that's what you mean, TekTerror?
  6. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

He meant that you can acquire the Sigils without purchasing the Veteran class.
  7. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Ah right. Yeah, it's better explained than it was, but still needs refining.
  8. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Yes, for every other faction the "sigils" (compareable items ofc) are mostly "classbound" (every faction has 1 unalligned one as far as I know which is locked behind rank 5) and hidden behind the related elite in the advancement tree. For chaos this ideal concept was dismissed since our advancement tree was supposed to look fancy like a chaos star and the sigils are not class but god bound. This in itself has the early advantage that you can buy one sigil and use it on all of your veterans while moving the purchase of the other sigils further down in your advancement progression, compared to the other factions who should buy elite+elite item whenever possible right away.

It would have been nice if they added in the description of the sigil (and respectively for alot of the advancement tree better tooltips. Like "this item costs 600 LP is Wargear slot 1 and is restricted to elites" would have saved me a nice angry facepalm and avoid alot confusion and frustration for new (progressing) chaos players.
    Kilrane likes this.
  9. TekTerror Recruit

Nah, I'd rather just get all the stuff... and then the elites, so that when loading out the elites, I have all the options available to me for them. I am also in no hurry to unlock them, I have 2 elites for each the SM and Eldar, but I never used them in a game yet since I do not think them having only 400 LP is enough, much less only one spawn per game, and only 1 elite for us period.

It's just since the sigils weren't behind the elites for chaos, like their comparable items on the other factions, I didn't know they were locked behind the elites.

As for the skill trees trying to symbolize their faction, that was a stupid idea; they should used the same design on all of them so people can tell those sigils and others like them would be locked behind the elites. I'll admit it looks nice, but function should be held over art; especially over something people don't look at much.
  10. rapier rapier Steam Early Access

This needs to happen for all factions, with the influx of new players it would be a great help!