Background Image

Shuriken Weapons

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by BrentEllison, Apr 13, 2014.

1. winbringer windbringer Active Member

Is that not how most weapons work you keep them on target so that more projectiles hit??

Also they do not fire a stream of blades unless you are firing full auto(and then its more of a 'storm of blades':D ), the burst leaves the gun in seconds.

I think a terrifying shriek as the projectile shoots past fits the weapon and the lore to an extent quite well.

One thing i hope is done differently from Dawn of War is that shurikens should be hard to see(in real life you would not be able to see them at all) they should look like a blur with a lot of small sheens where they catch light not lasers.
    Lichtbringer likes this.
  2. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

3. I would prefer a much quieter sound compared to the bolter. It fits with the eldars normal hit and run strategies quite well as its hard to trace the shot back to your attacker. Granted it would be more frustrating to fight them but they are eldar after all.
    Daemoneyes and Chaplain Valerius like this.
  4. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

As long as they don't look like lasers, have good rate of fire and aren't too loud I am good.
    They use energy to fire them but the shurikens are not energy in themselves, so they should look closer to bullets (very thin ones) than some laser beams.
  5. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

+1
  6. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

GW has official sounds for quite a few weapons in Munitorum, including shuriken catapults. Just sayin'.
  7. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

Mngwa likes this.

8. Just saying that there is already a game that has a shruiken gun. I know its a completely different concept but still, it is mandatory to mention Painkiller
  9. Khanistrello Forum Beta Tester

10. Problem with that video is you never hear the shrunken weapons fire. The banshees never once are seen shooting their pistols only the Death Spinners and sniper rifles are fired for any ranged shooting everything else is CC melee. Sadly the only sounds the weapon might make is the powering of the accelerator and maybe a small whistle as it fly's its a mono molecular shot which means its tiny but meant to slice through armor.
    Urian Velos likes this.