Background Image

Shift from f2p to Demo version and price of the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duximus, Nov 16, 2017.

1. KHETTI Well-Known Member

Release would indicate a fully developed game, that functions as intended, not a "Demo" build where much in the "Demo" doesn't actually function correctly.
    Also Behaviour are deliberately being misleading, giving the impression, or trying to, that this game is still being developed, which it isn't regardless of what some individuals say.
    Firskon likes this.
  2. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

Sorry, but you can't argue that the game is not being developed. That is just incorrect. Is the pace of development glacial? Yes. Has it stopped? No.

So regardless of what one, singular individual called @KHETTI says, the game is still being developed.
  3. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

Some positive reviews saying this game still has potential. But the reason why they refering 'POTENTIAL' is that this game is still in alpha state condition.
    There is no way developers can justify about their action of fully releasing unfinished game. Kind of like EA.
    Anyway, Game is still in development but REALLLY REALLY REALLY SLOW like Half life 3 (actually it got cancelled:/)
    But the Brightside is, because its in alpha stage there are many viable contents can be added in future. Also, Nathan confirmed they are adding workshop so we can contribute to game development. (Probably Next year with this progresssion speed)

I am also planning to add new thread about upcoming workshop how this new system gonna help eternal crusade.
    Personally, I hope we could add not just cosmetics but also new maps, custom animation(taunt), and even gamemode for this game.
    Who knows that EC may be the first wh40k game developed by devs + players.
  4. Arteek Arteek First Blood!

They're just trying to squeeze the last few bucks left before shuting it down
  5. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

How do you work that one out when they aren't planning on charging for workshop stuff?
  6. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

Check Steam Workshop Revenue policy
    techincally its 3:7 = user:developer
  7. In the article, Nathan mentioned not charging for the first set of items; these would be free to all.

After that, we can assume it will be for RTC.
  8. If they were desperate enough, though kind of seems they are now; it could be a good idea to let the community help fix the game.

Probably with a screening process and NDA.
    Duximus likes this.
  9. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

Well fair enough them
    In fact, I hope they put each faction unit model public.
    I do have maya and to be honest I wana re adjust some of the animation if possible.
    Orks and Eldar animation looks too stiff to be honest.
    Orks running like duck and eldar jogging :/
  10. Go to the Discord from this thread. You can get those files now, I have done it to get the Ork model and all animations in Unreal Engine 4.12.5

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/thr...-for-workshop-and-content.70038/#post-1567295