Background Image

SHIELDS FOR CHAOS SPACE MARINES?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Herald-Of-Chaos, May 18, 2017 at 12:00 PM.

1. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

I know that you know MoK is 30% melee LS. One stack of poison from NCS ticks 5, sometimes 6 damage. Two stacks is 12 damage. Poison DoT damage caps out at 30 damage/tick in 3 swings. I can't confirm whether or not you actually get life back from poison but IF you do, the amount is paltry in most encounters where you only get 1 or 2 stacks before your target is dead anyways from the physical damage the sword did. Numbers would be (5 poison damage x 30% = 0.6 life stolen), (12 poison damage x 30% = 3.6 life stolen), (30 poison damage x 30% = 9 life stolen)
  2. Kurze spunkymonkeySK Subordinate

By the Teeth of Khorne you're right :)
    XavierLight likes this.
  3. ANGRY MARINE ANGRY-MARINE Well-Known Member

They ain't ever gonna hand CSMs shields, and Shieldbros aren't ever going to be able to cap.

That's as simple as it should be. This is an age-old topic that ends the ABSOLUTE SAME FUCKING WAY EVERY TIME.
    Kampfgeist and Cpt_Uriel_Ventris like this.
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

[
    90% of people here talk out of their ass 70% of the time dude.
  5. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

There seems a logical flaw with someone else being able to heal someone wearing MoK using a magical crystal when the MoK wearer can't be healed / use a magical crystal themselves "becuz khorne hates magic"

Wouldn't the correct action for a true khornate be to brain the person trying to use magical crystals on them?

Slight digression but did the fluff change since I seem to recall that khorne didn't use to mind warp stuff on weapons etc, it was killing directly with the warp he didn't like
  6. Brosephelon Recruit

Orks can cap and carry a shield... Its a flawed logic you are working with here.
    Alb likes this.
  7. Slayer88 Recruit

It's not flawed logic, it's the logic of game balance and that logic involves asymmetry in this situation.

Just because A+C=D doesn't mean that A+B=D.
  8. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Its not. Ork Shields are terrible compared to Stormshields. They get easily staggered break much easier.
  9. Brosephelon Recruit

So then if you gave CSM weaker shields it would be fine, following this same logic... no? If the justification is that the shields are simply worse so that nullifies the balance issues then thats simple enough.

I don't even want shields on CSM, but the reasoning you are presenting is inherently flawed. Its not for balance reasons, in fact it flies in the face of balance. Instead its for flavor and feel reasons that CSM doesn't have shields, and should continue to not have shields.
  10. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

I mean sure. But would you really want it?