Background Image

SHIELDS FOR CHAOS SPACE MARINES?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Herald-Of-Chaos, May 18, 2017.

1. Kageshira Kageshira Active Member

Shield LSM are more looks than anything, you see them and think they're an impenetrable wall, but in reality they don't do much, just dance around them and ignore them, they can't kill you at distance, you can avoid them at melee, they can't cap, they are weak while decapping. People freak out when they see them but in the long term they're not that dangerous, just kill the other classes. The only moment I genually get annoyed by them is when a tactic is capping a point, one or two shield bros are defending him and I'm out of grenades or I don't have melta/fusion weapon.
  2. Slayer88 Recruit

Everyone here keeps talking about how shieldbros aren't difficult to real with because you're using ranged weapons.

Anyone gonna consider the perspective of melee classes? It's hard to dance around an enemy when my lock on keeps picking the shieldbro and if I ignore him I get a sword or axe to the back.
  3. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

If you are not filling him with flaming autocannon rounds, you are Chaosing wrong!
  4. Unbiased Unbias3d Steam Early Access

Uh...
    0.30 melee lifesteal (30%)
    0.15 ranged lifesteal (15%)
    Not sure where you're getting your "less than 1% from...
    spunkymonkeySK likes this.
  5. Unbiased Unbias3d Steam Early Access

If you're facing more than one person as a melee, whether or not one has a shield isn't really relevant lol.
  6. Chaos does not use shields. Never did. It's a TT thing, not an EC hard on for LSM. Read your scriptures. They have marks and mutations.
  7. Slayer88 Recruit

You're always facing more than 1 person in this game. I'm talking about when there's 4 tactical and a shieldbro against 4 traitors and a ground assault.

It's not so simple when you put yourself in the perspective of being a melee class. I never said anything about being outnumbered.
  8. Slayer88 Recruit

So where are the mutations? And why is Mark of Khorne not even worth 10LP?
  9. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

30% melee lifesteal isn't worth 10LP?
  10. CaptainLee Recruit

Warriors of chaos do not cower behind shields.