Background Image

Shadow War Armageddon

Discussion in 'Other GW Licensees' started by The-Mad-Magos, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Doctor Orpheus Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

Wait is this TT or a game?
  2. "Armageddon"
    "Space Marines"

You had one job, GW...
    Dark-Knight and Lynata like this.
  3. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Their job my friend is make new stuff to get more money, so far they seem to be doing great lol
  4. Doctor Orpheus Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

Pfft I wouldn't buy it...who the hell cares about SM Scouts lol...

Even IG are cooler than Scouts.
  5. TBF, it's generally not advisable for Guardsmen to engage Orks(or much if anyone besides Tau) in CQC

But on the other hand some Steel Legion releases would have gotten my attention more than Scrub Marines.
  6. It's being touted by some gossip & rumour sites as "Necromunda".
    http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/03/gw-breaking-updated-necromunda-returns.html

Except it isn't.

And here's a look at the terrain in the boxset.
    [​IMG]

This may lead into Necromunda, but there's too much background and love for the setting for GW to do "Necromunda set on Armageddon". And it's also not what they promised.
  7. I don't see why they'd do it that way, they've already got a decent amount of lore and all they really need to do is combine their multiple rulebooks and Gang War expansions into 1 or 2 at most codexes. It's less work and already has brand recognition, there's not really any logic behind creating a totally different game rather than just re-releasing what they have, they've even got stories to turn into Hardback Omnibuses. It'd be cheaper to redo Necromunda and even without factoring the cost savings I'd predict more profitable too. Necromunda is like Blood Bowl in that I'm pretty sure plenty of people just want a straight up remake.
    The-Mad-Magos likes this.
  8. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal