Background Image

Set the bar too high

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deathwish, Aug 11, 2017 at 11:27 PM.

1. anyone else notice that it is unlikely anyone will complete their campaign unless the devs manually move the goal post like they did with LSM a few camps back? CSM is even further back than LSM and Eldar. Cant speak on behalf of Orks since I dont play them, but I imagine they are in a similar boat.

20170811222210_1.jpg 20170811222201_1.jpg
    LOBOTRONUS, Forj and Faeruin like this.
  2. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Failure is fine. It adds to the story. We've all been successful far too long at this point. Give us an incentive for the next campaign since I think most people we're pretty lackluster this time around.
    Aislinn, Iyan, Sily and 6 others like this.
  3. im pretty sure no one gives two shits about the story, ppl want the RTC.
  4. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

Why? other than cosmetics there's nothing new to spend it on, I still don't think I've spent all the RTC I got when I first made my toon
    Caentyr and Vaanes like this.
  5. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Most likely because 90+% of the playerbase don't give 2 shits about the badly written stories which make hardly any sense but come regularly back for the 4-10€ worth of RTC grinding.
    NinthKeeper, Vaanes and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  6. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

This + they most likely used data from 7.5k RTC campaign during big GW marketing campaign, which means there were potentially more people playing with much bigger incentive to do so.

Reward determines incentive, if its large, players will go for it, if its average/regular, some people might skip it or do bare minimum to qualify.
    LordSloth and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  7. The Entombed Thraxus First Blood!

I think this will be the first campaign where CSM / Ork / Eldar may actually lose.

This being the first campaign they would have lost I understand it might be hard to accept, being used to having their wins handed to them sure I get it, they're not used to not getting what they want without having to work for it. Inevitably the tears will flow.

LSM however have experienced this loss, we're all big boys so we can handle it by now I'm sure. Being the largest faction they didn't know where to set the bar, so the first campaign was lost. As to why its happening again now knowing where to set the bar for all factions is anyone's guess.

All factions will have to work harder next time it seems.
  8. KidMeatball KidMeatball Steam Early Access

There was another group of campaigns where everyone failed. It was in April I think. Not long after the F2P launch.
    Caentyr and Saeritan like this.
  9. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Exaggerations and missinformation as usual. LSM lost their previous campaigns because they did not make a reasonable mark based on their population. Especially since they got a discount in the win requirements to compensate for them beeing "the newbie faction" and low average winrates. This was well documented in the data Forj provided for the campaigns of the past.

This time everyone misses the mark because the player interest in total throughout all factions was not high enough compared to the last time(s) - lesser games created - lesser progress - lesser % for all factions. This campaign if it goes through unmodified is a design failure not an issue of eldar, lsm, chaos or ork coloured glasses or any agenda.

The reasons for the difference between player delivery and designer exspectations could be attested to various things all pretty much in line with the overall steam gamestats. Either the incentive was not high enough to push interest, people got burned out from the last campaign and no real "cooldown" between them or the game in itself lost it's appeal to many players and a few $'s in RTC will not be enough to reverse this trend in the longrun without them fixing the underlying issues.
    Caentyr and Saeritan like this.
  10. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Unfortunately I don't care about the latter (until they release some stuff I'd actually want to spend my money on) and the former is rubbish, so I don't have much reason to play Campaigns at all right now.