Background Image

Serious Concern - Will Orks Be Fodder?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Argentspear, Apr 28, 2015.

1. So, to try and sum up what we all agree on: We want assymetrical differences between the Factions in regards to stats (Eldar being fast, Marines being balanced, Orks being tough and strong). We'd like each Faction to play much like the lore, without it being constraining. This means that we'd like a Mob mechanic, which boosts Orks in larger groups, and makes them able to charge a gunline. It means that we want weapons who are shortranged, but very damaging, if you can get to your enemy. It means that Ork Heroes and Elites will be right tough mofos who can readily smash heads, while the regular Orks are more on par with Marines.

Because that is ex-fukken-actly what the Devs are planning on doing. Mob effect that'll make Orks better in melee? Check. Close range firepower? Check. Powerful Leader characters? Check.

I think we're about done here :)
  2. DazzlinFlame DazzlinFlame Arkhona Vanguard

I think I know the simplest solution. Have a single weak ork play as a 'unit' of 3 or 4 orks. Then we can have a massive waaggghhh :D
  3. For f... Please, not to be rude, but I'd like you to read through at least parts of the discussion going on here - Your idea has been countered by Devs and players alike already c:
  4. FarseerDaneel FarseerDaneel Well-Known Member

Could you kindly destroy all the mon-keigh? That'd be great. Thaaaaaannnnnkkkkssssss....
    Zaeryn likes this.
  5. I would just be happy to see some in game content other than that of the Spaz marines and Chaos. At the moment this just feels like Space Marine 2. feels like Orcs and Eldar just going to be stuck on at the end
  6. They will, propably, but then again, that means that our stuff won't need to be changed all the time, since the Marines are the testing bodies. When we get Orks and Eldar, they are close to finished already, compared to the Marines.

Also, I tend to be able to like any faction. I love Orks, but really, who can resist a good power armoured chainsword-swinging litany-reciting superhuman warrior munk?
  7. Krakza Krakza Well-Known Member

Nobody, apparently, which is half the problem trying to create a 40k game that doesn't pander solely to that fanbase.
    Blakklaw, Skull_Splitta and Zaeryn like this.
  8. I can see where you're coming from, but... I believe 'that' fanbase is the fanbase.
  9. Diasaffected member Norm Well-Known Member

No it's not. It's really not.
    Zaeryn likes this.