Background Image

Scorpion loadout suggestions.

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by GrazewoundZeroLow, May 7, 2018.

1. Good afternoon.

I'm looking for advice, in which wargear I need and those I should stay away from.

Also, in older posts, there's mention of a "Lash Sword". I can't locate it in the store, or in the AP tree. How do I acquire this weapon ? Is it a set of mods ? Or, was this weapon removed from the game ?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
  2. At first you might want to go with the Concealing aspect/Obscuring stone in your war gear 1 slot. Once you get used to the mechanics of stealth you can ditch it for more armour or killing power.
    I believe the Lashsword is obtained by opening 12k crates. Lashsword is a unique chainsword that cannot be modded.
    I welcome people with more knowledge of Eldar play to correct me.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  3. Concealing stone allows you to move farther without dropping stealth, it's completely worth it depending on the map you are playing. Lashsword is the only weapon anyone should ever use. I use base armor / concealing stone / lash/ ice hawk fusion pistol/ both wraithbone curio / both isha's tears / and +1 stamina gem. You can burn a shield bros shield down in seconds with fusion pistol, and I use it to remove fallen marines crawling on the ground because I like the sound they make when they are incinerated.
  4. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

Concealing Stone, Lash sword, grenade, fusion pistol... survivability stuff. My order of importance.

-Learn to dash-duck, meaning, you crouch to gain your stealth, then you sprint to a new cover and crouch to stabilize your stealth. Good scorpions can maintain a pretty permanent stealth like this while moving comparatively quickly. This works effectively only with the concealing stone.

-Grenade is your go to tool when defending a point solo against a small group. Be sure to throw it from as much distance as possible since that will reduce the time between the onscreen warning of your target and the explosion. It's best thrown when the enemy starts capping. Some people are too distracted to notice the grenade beeping on their buttplate or they think they can still get the cap through before exploding.

-Lash sword is self-explanatory. Poisons bypasses toughness which is great when your only melee weapon is the chainsword tier. Stack it with fusion pistol for nasty double dot.

-Fusion pistol is great against shieldbros as FordTimelord mentions as it forces them to come out of their shell and engage you in melee. It's also great to finish downed opponents when you have to evacuate quickly. It is not great against vehicles, so don't even bother with that unless it's the last tick on a rhino.

-Survivability stuff: technically, you shouldn't fight in situations where you actually need it. It comes in handy when you have to delay a team trying to cap a point though, so it's not without merit. Otherwise, it's kinda gearing for a situation where you messed up already.
  5. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Not a great believer in concealing stone tbh cause players with half decent graphics or expierenced players will spot u anyway. Usually I go with lash sword, armor, stamina. A grenade when attacking fortresses or HTL maps helps stop those downed enemies being healed by medics or med grenades. I might be wrong but I think the lash sword is in the supply boxes.
  6. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

I like using Lashsword(for poison) and Obscuring Spirit Stone(for faster stealthed movment) along with a Master Crafted Shuriken pistol with Heavy Barrel and the Enduring Scorpion Emblem, with the left over 80lp I like taking a Minor and Major Isha tear and a single plasma nade

Alternatively with the remaining 80lp you could remove the heavy barrel and forgo isha tears and take a med pack+ plasma nade instead if you plan on brawling in the enemies back line heavily without warlock support.

Obscuring Spirit Stone is a personal preference for me, I like to have 4 stamina, lashsword and a concealing stone in my builds but I can't take armour with these items so I take Obscuring stone for what little direct durability I can fit.

The build is simple sneak up, heavy attack backstab then pistol them to death, the Obscuring Spirit Stone I take to basically survive return fire, the stamina is key for melee duels since you are chainsword locked, it's also to buy time since another way to kill is light attack 2 to 3 times and let poison do it's job, bad players panic to poison dealing direct damage and that's also when the trusty mc pistol comes to play.

The plasma nade for me comes with 3 uses, to disengage from a shield user, to martyrdom a lost fight and finally to kill downed enemies, the last point I do the most, down 2 or 3 guys with poison then rig them to blow before a medic makes my fight completely pointless.
  7. Thank you for the advice.

While perusing the internet, Eldar players have mentioned the use of +4 stamina in their builds. Of course, they don't explain how they managed it.

How would I obtain a +4 stamina, and would it be better suited to a stealth or armor build?
  8. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Banshees have that option, it's not really worth it tho. If you want to build Banshee for Stamina, go for the Rejuvenating Emblem. It should provide you with nigh infinite dodges as long as you avoid spamming them.
    Other melee-classes should be fine with either +1 stam or +30 reg, depending on your preferences.
  9. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

I thought Concealing Stone could be better option since it's based on your class' main ability, but then I've been disappointed. I've seen like no difference. Thus I put Chitinous Spirit Stone. But for use Ice Hawk Fusion Pistol I would put back my Concealing Stone. :p
  10. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

not a huge fan of concealing stone or fusion pistol myself my loadout has been lashsword, gold armor, icon of khaine (armor regen) and vigour gem (+1 stam) with both +4% health n armor with both armor regen trinkets, grenade and healthpack with shuriken pistol.

aaaand.. it's done well for me, my favorite class to play