Background Image

Scions Of Necrontyr

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Xanxas, May 21, 2015.

1. Jthaelon Argentspear Subordinate

You guys think that Necrons would ever make it into an expansion? I truly think they'd make a GREAT 5th race. Ancestral enemies of the Eldar and the gods of Chaos, terrors of Orks and Tyranids, and the rising nightmare of the Imperium. They'd be a powerful faction indeed. I'd play an Immortal or a Flayed One. :D
  2. SovietSorrows SovietSorrows Arkhona Vanguard

Hopefully this is the case, but I have my doubts about whether we will be the 5th faction in this game. The support for the Tau is strong and honestly more likely to be implemented due to them being a more conventional faction. After them however Necrons are the obvious choice as SoB and IG are simply too weak and Dark Eldar are boring.

Anyways you are welcome to join as we wait to awake.
    Lord_Zial_Ghoul likes this.
  3. Its a large conflict between the two sadly. tau have massive (fire) support from the community but so do the necrons. Sadly a lot of necron players have left or disappeared into the shadows. The thing is that the necrons would be a little complicated to include four basic classes as well as elites. I mean.. warriors would be tacticals, immortals as devestators amd crypteks as support. thats pretty well founded but what about the raptors? I mean.. if instead of raptors they had something along the lines of wraiths or lych guard who can teleport. or even better deathmarks who can legitely go varryifng distances amd snipe That would be awesome! The necrons would have to have the BEST weapon affects and watching foes disintegrate would be amazing...
    Hmm doomsday ark as demolishers and ghost arks as mobile transports. specials could be lych guard or preatorians or even flayed ones. The thing is I cant think of a good hero unit... crypteks would be nice but they seem to suit support a lot better. Perhaps a lord or destroyer? Hopefully something fun.

Thoughts anyone?
    Torlan and SovietSorrows like this.
  4. Even though Orks are my favorite race the Necrons are easily my second favorite now that I think about it. If I hadn't sold my soul to the Lead Belchas I would definitely join your guild. As for the Necrons being added into EC, I think it would be asinine to not add them. Who doesn't like spooky death robot skeletons (that are from spess)?
  5. SovietSorrows SovietSorrows Arkhona Vanguard

Base Classes: Warrior,Immortals,Flayed Ones,Cryptek

Elite Classes: Lychguard, Triarch Praetorians, Deathmarks (My poor Pariahs should be here :()

Hero Classes: Necron Lord (Overlord would be bit OP)

There is a bit of lore butchery here e.g lychguard not having an Overlord to serve but it isn't too bad.
    Torlan and Lord_Zial_Ghoul like this.
  6. Jthaelon Argentspear Subordinate

Sounds pretty good! Just a few changes/ideas from me.

Base Classes: Warrior, Immortals, Deathmarks, Flayed Ones, Crypteks
    Elite Classes: Triarch Praetorians, Lychguard, Canoptek Wraiths, Destroyers
    Hero Classes: Lord, Destroyer Lord
    Vehicles: Tomb Blades, Ghost Arks, Doomsday Arks, Annihilation Barges, Canoptek Spyders, Tesseract Ark

Racial Differences: Slowest race, fastest regeneration, average health, Gauss weaponry have infinite ammo but requires charge time if fired too quickly.

Background: The Overlord of Arkhona has awakened to find the tomb beneath the swamplands has been opened by Eldar sabateurs. They have unwittingly tripped the reanimation sequence and the Necrons have begun to emerge from beneath the marshes and bogs. Their purpose on Arkhona is simple; purge all life from the planet and set up an invasion point into the rest of the solar system. The Red Harvest has commenced on Arkhona and unless they're stopped now, they will spread like a deathly shadow ending billions of lives.
    Torlan and Lord_Zial_Ghoul like this.
  7. I love it! Though they may have too many special characters at this point, which is surprising.

I really like the race description. Slow yet steady, perhaps with a chance to respawn on the spot. Average health, guess weapons may over heat or something like that. Destroyers sounds cool but the conflict is they could be a vehicle. Hmm I may start a thread.
  8. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who can see destroyers as a class?

somthing like Terminators, nobs and wraith gaurds, on the TT they are almost equal...

They will be our jump infantery, change is that they levitate at all times. granded this will make them thougther targtes, but to compensate for this their amor un the under side is lower, should keep them from flying to high... i think...

Lych gaurds meh... Flayed ones sounds to me more realistic to feild in an army wide invasion.

Warriors... meh... Immortals, would be the ideal standardt troop. as it is pretty much a space marine with a heavy weapon on the TT. Warrious will make for better NPCs that goes along with you in war. or even FTP.

Death marks. now lore suggest that Death marks are deployed as some of the best necrontyr assasians there is.
    Ill suggest that they spawn in a phased state that makes them invisible and has no hit box and then gain movement speed to acts as them phasing in in a cloud of darkness.
    Canopteks... should be NPCs... for raid or something....

As loved on the table as they are i see no place for them on the field of battle, they should remain inside of a tomb... for now

Hero classes:
    Cryptek

supportive guy who gives everyone around him extra regeneration. yada yada yada....

Triach predatorians,

Jump infantery that has the chance ot taking a doomstick, or some neat mix up assualt weapon combination.
    in short if you run this guy with destroyers you get along good.

Reanimation protocol/we be back.

This is one thing we should have clear at some point.

Necrons should have Regeneration naturally. should keep them from dying the first 300 meters of martching into a firing line. (not save from tanks though but to be fair necron weaponry should cut right though it). This said, to much regeneration is not good. Ill say that they will automatically will get up if a team mate next to them (or just close to them) is nearby for sometime, giving the slow moving blog of Death and destruction a try.

Gauss weapons

now I kinda like the Las cannon so far from game play fotoage, and I think that Gauss weapons should act like a small las cannon, without ammunition just recharge time, making every shot count. Farster charge up time and devastating damage. ignoring amor of wehicles. if charged for longer time taking more time to shoot agian ( should keep people from raging about their land raider got blown up by necrons... but thats gonna happen)

Tesla.
    to me sounds like a mini stun when hit. chances are that it spread to other enemys if to cl0se to the target. like a not so hard to aim supportive thing.

no charge up time just point and shoot, keeping the stun is keeping the beam of tesla directly on the target. Catch one of them space marines

War machines:
    no not the TT game but as we all know Necrons has many nice machines of war (inclouding them self)

Startin off: with an all time favorite: Ghost ark
    now in the 7th it can only be taken by warriors, but guess we can bend it a little for game play.

Night scythes: ahh, we have a freking flyer as a transport. this will maybe be our version of drop pods: quickly getting in laying some hate then is gone agian.

Monolith... I want one... we need this.

Acting like a spawn points for our forces will make sence. Devastating weaponry and lots of armor...

now this is an early model of my thoughts but I can see that lots of you wonderfull people agree with me...
    About the lore... we let bE about that.... and pray that its not the storm lord that drops by.
  9. All right since I started this thread, I might as well contribute. Yes, the necrons would be a great add on as the ancestral ancestors of the deldar, elder, Kroks(orks), creators of the cadia pylons to fuck over chaos, and bane of the nids. Also, the enemies of ultramar via Damnos and Sautekh dynasty. Unfortunately, the weeaboo is stronk in this forum, mso there are way to many tau supporters to make them the fifth, but it would be awesome. Anyways, the issue is that they play different from other factions. They could also have a pve faction, but are better pvpers. Ilol lay out my view over several posts, as it is to XBAWKS HUEG to fit in one.
    Lord_Zial_Ghoul and ZceeNook like this.
  10. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

Ill rather be the last faction on the board than the first.

From a tactical point of veiw i lll say we wait this one out... comming after the Tau Deldar an stuff we all know what to fight. and we will have the weapons to fight them.