Background Image

Scions Of Necrontyr

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Xanxas, May 21, 2015.

1. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

These would be so cool, and I think our troops could easily walk along the seafloor. And when playing Subnautica I couldn't not think about the Necrons, all precursor tech even looks slightly Necron to me. I wish I could do my Necrons so that they look like being underwater, or coming out of it. Maybe with some tall kelp on the bases.

And I'd also love for GW to release some experimental rules on underwater battles. They had some for low gravity and vacuum anyway. I remember in the Fulgrim Horus Heresy novel they describe having a series of battles against the local xenos on the bottom of the planet-wide oceans before bringing the fight to their floating cities. It was so cool and I'd love to see more of it.

One can dream....

[​IMG]
    Xanxas and ZceeNook like this.
  2. That would be pretty awesome. I thought the same for subnautica too, it has al the features of a Necron outpost! Glows green, eternity gates everywhere, deep below stuff, suitably ominous sounds, doomsday devices (though you can’t actually touch it in game), oneshotting ships, and even teleporting murderous housekeepers! It obviously wasn’t a Pylon, so I just mentally referred it as a gremlin gun (after Damnos) while I was playing.
    Necroledo likes this.
  3. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

Totally agree my friend. The doomsday device was just the (hilarious) icing on the cake. The game itself was just awesome too; I enjoyed every second of it. Apparently there's an Artic biome/area DLC coming soon!
    Xanxas likes this.
  4. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

So you guys ever found a Good tactic for the New codex?
  5. Apparently we will have a punch lobster and a huge leviathan in it. I love Ice levels and water levels, so this game is really enjoyable to me. The only downside is that 1v1ing leviathans requires stunlocking, which isn't exactly my style.
    A couple, of course they remain mid tier compared to imperial and eldar hax but that's nothing new. One is to combine the Nephrekh warlord trait, artifact, and solar flare stratagem with a unit of lychguards to create something that can only be hit on 5+ at best. Another is mephrit tesla spam, it makes anihilation barges and immortals pretty good. My favorite so far is a wraith/tomb blade deceiver combo. Go Sautekh so you can get beamers on the wraiths with no penalty and then I usually run the blades with shieldvanes and gauss. Use the deceiver to teleport them around the map and flank things, with their movement doing the rest. I use a destroyer lord with the phylactery and abyssal staff in a unit of destroyers to take up the HQ choice (and b/c he needs shooting). This creates something most people don't know how to deal with: a mobile necron army. Of course, its not the best and you can overextend calamitously, but its fun so I run it.
    ZceeNook and Necroledo like this.