Background Image

Scions Of Necrontyr

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Xanxas, May 21, 2015.

1. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

Indeed about the doom scythe... I love that quote, and the fact that Lychguard have so much personality. That's how they should be, they're the personal bodyguard of the Necron rulers!

Oh that sounds awesome. I was already a fan of drones (I find it cool to have a variety of flying drones assisting your troops), but it seems I will definitively keep a large number of them with me. I just wish sniper drones were a bit better...

Adding to @Theodotos 's post: it's this big boi.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can imagine, you don't want to be on the receiving end of all those cannons. I love that thing.
    Xanxas likes this.
  2. That’s hilarious, I’m trying to imagine that huge thing trying to crouch behind drones to use them as cover. The image brings me great joy.
    Necroledo likes this.
  3. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

Oh that an hilarious mental image :D Or it trying to cover itself behind a wall of dozens of drones...
  4. Warlord Theodotos Recruit

I'm surprised you guys haven't heard of it yet. Very effective and annoys your opponent.
    Xanxas likes this.
  5. I didn't play during the index period, so I'm new to alot of 8e stuff. Besides that, the local players are a Salamanders player and a Druhkari player, so I'm not aware most mainstream stuff until I hear people complain about it online or I go visit somewhere with a store.
  6. Flayed Ones Imhos Recruit

What did you guys think of the 8th edition codex for Necrons?
  7. The art is great, and thankfully they did extend the storylines. We got bigger and have unearthed a bunch of our older stuff, which is good too. However, they are still pushing that stupid dolmen Gate stuff despite all the other material and the upcoming game using ID, which is likely part of the bigger issue of lazy copy pasting that inhabits quite a bit of it. I don’t think the authors payed much attention to lore tbh, and there are quite a few typos, such as Lychguard/Deathmarks being elites in the datacards and troops in the back. It overall just seems rushed, with someone trying to tack on some extra lore so anyone buys it. The rules are just as terrible as they were during the index period, with all choices besides warriors, immortals, shards, and destroyers, have been merged to oblivion, with our once proud Air Force transitioning from the best to the worst. We lost 20+ pieces of wargear and for some reason all HQs post ressurection protocols, the rule our faction is based around. That’s like if nid Hq’s lost and couldn’t use synapse, or Aeldari HQs Lost Fleet or whatever they call it nowadays. While sure you can pay a command point for it you really shouldn’t have too. Can you imagine the tantrum LSM would throw if they had to pay a Command point for ATSKNF? There is a relic that gives it once as well, but for some reason it’s restricted to destroyer lords. Oh, that’s another thing, wargear is now restricted to certain HQ, which means the fun days of customizing your leaders are gone. I could rant further, but let’s just end it here...
    Art: 9/10 amazing
    Lore: 6/10 displayed lack of knowledge and copy pasting
    Rules: 1/10 Dynastic codes are cool, so we can maybe scrape a tie with the Uber nerfed T’au now. Maybe.
    Overall: 3/10. New lore was neat but definitely our worst codex to date, and third worst peice of literature after hellfirged and the hate crime that was war zone: Damnos
    ZceeNook, Imhos and Necroledo like this.
  8. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

It seems we also had underwater Canoptek constructs!

Imagine how cool would it be to have an oceanic Tomb World and have these things swimming around during the Great Sleep. I wish there was more underwater lore in 40k!
    ZceeNook and Xanxas like this.
  9. We are uniquely advantaged among races to pull this form of tomfoolery. After all, we don't need to breathe. We could do something similar to subnautica and shoot down ships and amuse ourselves watching giant predators eat the survivors, complete with teleporting hunter-killer drones. Our craft are good too, as they use gravitic engines not combustion based ones. We could fly our aircraft just as well under water as above it. Of course, we would sink like a stone, so we would need to spam ghost arks and command barges to keep afloat. Or just walk along the sea floor, that's equally as amusing. GW won't go for it though, as the vaulted armor of the guard would be useless and the marines would be mostly weaponless/armorless. They could always do a wet navy game though. It would be like bfg...IN WATEEEERRRR (sort of like how bfg is normal naval combat, but IN SPAAAAAACE). That would be amusing.
    Necroledo likes this.
  10. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

Funny you mention that.

I had this Idea about a tombworld awakening under neath an ice planet. The shesmic activity also starts the internal core to heat up the ice planet creating an under ice ocean.
    Necroledo and Xanxas like this.