Background Image

Scions Of Necrontyr

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Xanxas, May 21, 2015.

1. upload_2018-3-25_19-9-15.jpeg
    upload_2018-3-25_19-14-31.jpeg
    heres 2 pics of Imotekh (who, Ironically, lost his hand), 5 immortals in my old color scheme, and some of my newer deathmarks.
  2. upload_2018-3-25_19-20-2.jpeg
    upload_2018-3-25_19-20-13.jpeg
    My overlord and lychgaurd (which the site would not accept unless I split in two infuriatingly)
  3. upload_2018-3-25_19-21-54.jpeg
    My Doomsday ark (which is actually correct colors, its a specific Overlord (or rather, Vizier's) personal ark) and annihilation barge
  4. upload_2018-3-25_19-42-32.jpeg
    And here is the full set. There was another view but I can't make the site accept it. Oh well. Anyways, These are my least broken/most painted models, coming out to:

Tyranid Order of Battle:
    HQ: Tervigon (217)
    Elites: 4 Genestealers (40)
    Troops: 22 Gaunts (88)

Total Points Cost: 345

Vykanovokh Order of Battle
    HQ: Imotekh the Stormlord (200pts) Bargelord (138pts) Overlord (84pts) Lord (73pts)
    Heavy Support: Doomsday Ark (193pts) Annihilation Barge (133pts) Canoptek (tomb) Spider (65pts)
    Dedicated Transport: Ghost Ark (160pts)
    Fast Attack: 7 Scarab Bases (91pts)
    Troops (according to Beta codex): 4 Deathmark (76pts) 10 Lychgaurd (190pts) 13 Immortals (221pts) 52 Warriors (624pts)

Total Points Cost: 2248pts
    ZceeNook and Necroledo like this.
  5. Warlord Theodotos Recruit

curls up into a ball at the sheer thought of the cost for all those models

Edit: Which faction is the most expensive per model? Tau or Necrons? Thought it was one of the two

6. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

Very nice models @Xanxas ! I like your color schemes, especially the blue + orange light one. I really should paint some Tau I have with me before starting on Necrons... I don't want to leave yet more minis unpainted.
  7. T'au I believe. I haven't looked at every model, but for example the basic starter firewarrior set is $50 with 10 warriors and 2 drones, while the Basic Necron squad comes with 20 warriors and 3 scarab bases for $36.25
    Thanks! I have plenty of unpainted models myself though, and many broken due to how old they are. The squad of deathmarks only reaches 4 you probably noticed, and I have a rather unstatic color scheme. I might get on that if they come out with something new and exciting for us, that always gets the blood pumping! We'll see what the codex has in store, should be arriving pretty soon after all.
    Necroledo likes this.
  8. Warlord Theodotos Recruit

Tau are probably my go to faction after Necrons.

Also, who did your profile pictures?
    ZceeNook likes this.
  9. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

I think Deathmarks can look really cool with your paint scheme! I still have unpainted CSM figures back home... really old ones from like 6 years ago, and no motivation to finish them. I'm pretty excited for the Codex too!

Today I've been to my first GW store (never had one at the cities I've been to) while visiting Stockholm, and it was so nice to see people painting and playing that now I really want to get back into the hobby! Someone was playing Necrons vs Eldar and their minis looked really awesome.

That will be @ZceeNook ;)
    ZceeNook and Xanxas like this.
  10. So you live in Sweden? What Dynasty/Craftworld were the two using? Since the Codex isn't out yet and the Eldar got buffed AGAIN (and can use any unit from any of the three codexes) it probably wasn't going so well for our comrade, hopefully he won. Glad to hear that all this has you hyped though, nothings better than doing what you love.