Background Image

Scions Of Necrontyr

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Xanxas, May 21, 2015.

1. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

I guess that they simply wanted to be on the safe side.
  2. You do not understand, Ward wrote them to be utterly, completely, 100% incorruptible, when that isn't the case
  3. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

4. SovietSorrows SovietSorrows Arkhona Vanguard

Visuals are astounding, especially at the start and at 4:53. Lip sync was a tad off and the animations where a bit rigid on some of the characters, but it's already leagues above any other 40k movie.

Shame we are incredibly unlikely to be in the full movie, but if this picks up enough traction maybe GW will be encouraged to hire the guys behind this project and they may actually get paid for their work and work on more future 40k movies. Not holding my breath though.
  5. Valonox Valonox Preacher

Cupcakes and autocannons.
  6. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

Greetings old freind. How are you doing?
  7. Valonox Valonox Preacher

Good finishing school to the best of my ability.
  8. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

Nice. After that you can rest.
  9. Valonox Valonox Preacher

for thousands of years.
    ZceeNook likes this.
  10. Hello my kin. Recently, I have been debating something with myself, and I wanted your input on the matter. It regards the C'tan, and their great betrayal. Do you think, all those years ago, that the Ctan knew what they were doing, devouring our souls? They were masses of energy, so their possessing of a soul is doubtful, and they were used to devouring ambient energy just floating around in a manner similar to stars. Further more, they did not think it would anger us, which is why they were unprepared for our revolt, and what little data we had on the subject likely didn't impress on then the importance of the matter. What really got me thinking on this though, is that C'tan can be somewhat nice. Yes, you read that correctly. The Deciever once raised and sponsored a civilization called the Silvae for no real price, and did not use them before the emperor's lackeys killed them off. The void dragon, or machine God as his devotees call him, provides blessings and assistance to his worshippers, sometimes pulling a sovereign and assuming direct control of a machine to assist further. Most importantly though is the outsider. The mad God, most feared of all C'tan, left the galaxy because after being tricked by the Deciever and eating the other C'tan, he felt bad about it and exiled himself as penance, spending the last 60 million years moping and listening to edgy music. He actually felt bad about what he did, which means he at the least could feel some form of remorse to a bunch of highly volatile beings that did not really identify as his race, and hated each other. So then, why did he not feel the same to us, who have him sentience, life, a body, technology, knowledge, more or less everything, and recieved betrayal in turn? Perhaps because he and the others did not know what they did, and assumed it was okay due to the very small changes in the only ones they interacted with, the ruling caste. Now, this isn't me trying to defend them, many of them still have huge flaws and some would likely have done it regardless, but with all I just said I can't help but wonder if like the newly reborn they were they lacked an understanding of their actions, and if so what would have happened if they did know what they intended to do.
    Necroledo likes this.