Background Image

Scions Of Necrontyr

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Xanxas, May 21, 2015.

1. Well either way why in the many blazing suns did they chose freaking Tau!
    Oh and Rakgol, that'd be awesome!
  2. BlackNecron BlackNecron Arkhona Vanguard

Just how bad are the Tau in Space and how do you think they will be implemented?
  3. SovietSorrows SovietSorrows Arkhona Vanguard

From what I can remember, in the table top they were were fantastic at maneuvering but slow in a straight line, they had missiles instead of torpedoes and had strong shields like the Imperium but much weaker actual armour.

Still bummed though that despite the Necrons actually being involved in the Gothic War (and lets just say maybe even manipulating the entire thing ;)) that we may never be implemented in favour of two factions WHO WERE NOT EVEN REMOTELY RELATED TO THE WAR.
  4. The issue with Tau in space is twofold. One, they have really terrible ships. Most of their navy until recently was merchant ships and their weaponry now that they have real warships is basically just scaled up ground stuff. They invented the Manta as a bomber because they needed it to even remotely have a chance. They have lost every single fleet engagement ever, and once lost to a Tyranid for so small it was later outnumbered by the NECRONS.They have no real experience and their ships are usually worth half to one tenth of an enemies ship of the same weight class, and are so slow the Imperium (the current slowest faction) can blitz them. Their maneuverability comes from being able to turn well, but that's it really. The second issue is how awful their FTL is. It is flat out the worst in the universe and they are the slowest faction because of this. It can take months to years to cross sectors, and they do not have FTL messaging, instead relay messages between planets like the post office does.
    Agreed.
    BlackNecron and Calistian_Zathos like this.
  5. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

Well, only the single-player campaign is about the 12th Black Crusade. Just like the TT BFG, it has the main factions of the conflict (Imperial Navy, Chaos, Orks and Eldar), and all the remaining ones are being added later, no matter they weren't on said conflict (it is no longer just about the crusade, but about all W40k space battles).

About the Tau fleet, for now it seems they will only be getting their Forge World fleet (their actual military fleet). Slow and not as armored as other factions (and their FTL is a suck), but staying in fron of them is generally a very bad idea. Their missiles (torpedoes) are guided, their bombers are gigantic, most -if not all- of their ships are noth torpedo ships and carriers, and due to their ship design, their broadsides can shoot forward, for double firepower. Not to mention their shared targeting matrices (similar to their ground markerlights).
  6. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

Dow 3 has been anounced.

No Necrons... not worth my time yet...
  7. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

My, you are right. Shame Necrons are not confirmed... yet... :(

But that trailer... ALHFSNLSGHKGM-

I'm seeing Eldar might be getting HR Giger aesthetics. To be honest, that's awesome.
    ZceeNook and Calistian_Zathos like this.
  8. No Necrons... No Chaos... No Tau... No Imperial Guard... No Dark Eldar... no one worth my time
  9. SovietSorrows SovietSorrows Arkhona Vanguard

Any game where I get to slaughter Eldar is worth my time.
    ZceeNook likes this.
  10. On the Bright side, it looks great, Eldar died and they actually killed of imperials, and units all the way up to knights confirmed. And I highly suspect that they would not make a 3 faction game, unless they plan on bullshitting us with a ton of DLC like TW:WH did. On the downside, I witnesses neither Nids nor Necrons, so this has the potential to be a game I don't play, and be a game a mod (DoW UA) did better. So pls Sega, Don't fuck this up.