Background Image

Scions Of Necrontyr

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Xanxas, May 21, 2015.

1. Isic Magnus The_Hive_Tyrant1 Arkhona Vanguard

I noticed that zcee i meant what else besides seeing one of my own getting his ass beaten more easily than an imperial guard
    ZceeNook likes this.
  2. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

Not really. We were beginning to talk about where the silent king's dynasty were.
  3. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

That actually makes sense. But, does that mean he released his "dynasty" or "all dynasties, since he was controlling them all"? I'm actually at a blank in that point.

Btw @ZceeNook , I remember you had glorious sketches of tyranid-necron mecha-hybrids. Wouldn't it be extra cool if @The_Hive_Tyrant1 had such a portrait? They would not have to choose between races... (just an idea)
  4. SovietSorrows SovietSorrows Arkhona Vanguard

Look at this glorious cosplay:

[​IMG]
  5. Isic Magnus The_Hive_Tyrant1 Arkhona Vanguard

damn thats actually kinda cool
  6. Well think of it as a king and his generals. All these generals have armies and such, those armies being the different dynasties.

The Silent King controlled them all, and so was the unquestioned leader of the Necron through the decree of the Praetorians as well as the indoctrination and programming set by the Conversion.

After his disgrace he released them and set them to slumber, their old feuds returned and personalities and rivalries restored
    Necroledo likes this.
  7. That is quite glorious indeed. I approve greatly of it. I mean, look at his pauldrons and legs, the runes there are perfect, and Pyrrian if I'm reading them correctly. Right color scheme, did the feet correctly, proper heart of darkness and glow and ankh on the torso, very well made. The only problem is the head, as he has the diadem of an Overlord of Pyhrria, but has the spine and pauldrons of a lord. He also lacks the finery of an Overlord, so he probably just mixed up the headpeice. I'm also curios as to how he got that tall.
    Well the thing is, the Silent king wasn't actually any more special than the Phaeron of any other Dynasty, its just that the three most powerful Dynasts formed a ruling council that Governed the Necrontyr, and the position traded between Dynasts fairly quickly, the Silent king just being the strongest and thus leader of said council, and direct ruler of the Praetorians. Lexicanum describes the Triarch as: The Triarch itself consisted of three Phaerons and the rulers of individual Necrontyr dynasties were themselves governed by the Triarch. The head of the Triarch was known as the Silent King, for he addressed his subjects only through the other two Phaerons. Nominally a hereditary position, the short lifespans of the Necrontyr ensured that the title of Silent King passed from one royal dynasty to another many times.[1d] The last Silent King of the Triarch was Szarekh" Though considering what you have said, it could be possible the three had to abdicate their positions as phaerons in order to preserve the balance of power and insure no one became to despotic, otherwise three Dynasts could monopolize the position, especially with the Praetorians help.
  8. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

look at his feet ... the answers there

"hes standing on short stilts .... thats why you can see through his feet"
  9. It has been a long time since i was last here
    And all I see is Zcee Nook's art
    How goes it tovarischs?
  10. Its been going rather well, good to see you again Calistian, though i have no idea what a Tovarischs is. Hpw have you been doing?