Background Image

Sanctus Reach

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Grigdusher, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Elector likes this.
  2. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

It's just sad that a 19 year old game beats it in every aspect.

https://www.gog.com/game/warhammer_40000_chaos_gate

I would advice to buy "Chaos Gate" on gog instead of this game it a classic; fun gameplay, good pixelart, nice voiceacting, kick ass music and it's from a time were Ult. Marines could die and were awsome.

It works on my Windows 7 and W. 10 PC but if you have trouble maybe this will help.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbgp5kHheu8

Now go out and fight! FOR GIRLYMAN!!!
  3. Oh, I'm well aware of Chaos Gate and Final Retribution, the former has deserved a proper spiritual sequel for far too long.
    Azezealk0RD likes this.
  4. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

My comment wasn't specifically meant for you but I ended up quoting you anyway.*shrug*
    Edit: Also yes
  5. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

6. Frank FrankM Curator

another great video from totalbiscuit. my favorite mobile 40k game is battlefleet gothic leviathan. i still play that from time to time (maybe i should have wrote that in the other thread, but i felt it was relevant after watching the video)

sad about how he feels about eternal crusade, but it's a fair criticism
  7. Chuffy Chuffster Deacon

Kind of surprised at the dislikes for Sanctus Reach. Each to their own I guess. I find it better to judge the game on its own merits rather than comparing it to another game.

I spent over 3 hours on a later campaign mission last night and it was a wonderful depiction of a 40K bloodbath. A desperate defence with massed ranks of Orks throwing everything at my much smaller squad. I was losing squads almost every turn and it was all I could do to hold them back just enough. In the end I won at great cost, losing 23 units to the enemy's 138. Every turn felt like it might be my last and it was the hardest most enjoyable battle I've had so far.

As for TotalBiscuit's opinion on the game, he's entitled to his view. I kind of agree with him that the game lacks some of the polish you might expect of a game that costs as much as it does, though for my money (approaching 50 hours played so far) it's been worth every penny.

I think they will add more different armies in future. Judging by how successful it has been so far, I can only hope they build upon it.
  8. Kurze spunkymonkeySK Subordinate

I'm torn on whether to buy it or not.

I nearly bought deathwing but held off - a good decision by all accounts.

But Sanctus Reach, total war warhammer, and battlefleet gothic all have me on the fence.

I'll probably crack with this one.

Then there's the DoW dilemma...
  9. Frank FrankM Curator

both bfg and deathwing is a better choice than this
  10. Valrak Valrak Well-Known Member

We have new DLC just announced for Sanctus Reach and we can finally play a Campaign as the play as the Orks in their quest to destroy and kill any who stand in their way. Forward in the name of Gork (and Mork)! Something that I've wanted since first playing the game, hope you enjoy the video!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP9HGDyrsTM