Background Image

Rogue Trader Prices (poll)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djemo-SRB, Jun 29, 2014.

?

Are you content with the current prices in the RT/Founders store?

1. Regular FStore items yes, Heresy gear no

24.8%
  2. Regular FStore items no, Heresy gear yes

14.3%
  3. Im content with neither the Regular nor Heresy prices

44.9%
  4. Im content with all the prices as is

16.0%
  1. Oh I have the money. Any more questions?

With the Lead Programmer leaving, I may have that money in my pocket a while longer.

Will Sept's Alpha be delayed? Who knows.
  2. Thanks for the reply Nathan, it succinctly answered the RTS questions I had at this point in time. Happy to know that these current pricing arrangements are not set in stone. I look forward to seeing what you guys have coming up in the actual game design department. Thanks again for taking the time to come comment over here in our squabbling thread.
    Vaanes and Oveur like this.
  3. Someone said something about $40 not being a lot. Or something like that. Something about a certain quantity of money not being a lot.

Sure, to the game dev it isn't. But to a lot of consumers it is. Why do you think TotalBiscuit can make hours worth of video talking about if games and their DLC are worth it? A typical AAA game is what, £40 on release? That's slightly less than 8 hours work on minimum wage for the UK. Which is a full working day. A lot of people who play video games do NOT have a lot of expendable income. Hell, I used to save my pocket money and do hours of research on what video game to buy as I could afford 2 brand new releases per year (or several pre-owned).

I'm not really sure what my point is, but being affordable is just as important as being profitable. Which is why I'm quite happy this game has a rough £25 price tag, a lot of people hold off on £40 releases till a 33% sale or so, a lot more people will be willing to buy this game full price than a £40 full price.
    Vaanes likes this.
  4. Fascinating.

It's like he doesn't see(or chooses not to) how hypocritical it is to belittle actual customers as a bunch of whiny freeloaders for expressing dissatisfaction with the pricing structure of a shop that is still being constructed.

I mean really, paying customers providing actual feedback about purchases they actually made, how dare we. We should know by now that our input is the mere griping of peasants, as negotiating is clearly the passe tactic of unwashed savages.
  5. I've already said this, but I think many of you enjoy selective reading. Sort of like that nagging GF who selectively brings up bits of a conversation to support her own emotional fueled rampage. I have full intention of contributing on my time and no others. This was established some time ago when they declared the Fall would be when people can start testing. If they release stretch goals, that will prompt me.

Again, one does not need to be or have a thing to comment on said thing with accuracy and experience.

Customers who hand over their money and THEN go on a personal crusade to fluff up what they've already paid for. That is an....interesting tactic, to say the least. Sort of like retreating and then wanting to parlay for the land you just gave up. Absolutely genius. I hope you'll be on an opposite faction.

@Bassive: There have been a study into geek culture, gaming included. We have more disposable income, DISPOSABLE mind you, not gross income. Less life expenses. However you want to apply that. We also find a way to make that money available. Gotta have that new GW model. Gotta buy into the Fantasy Flight Star Wars ships etc etc. Gaming companies and stores have these figures. It isn't by chance that gaming and comic stores survived the recession and will continue to stay afloat despite manufacturing jobs and other retail fronts going belly up.

There could be different strata of Video Gamers. The true gamers Vs the tourists and "norms" who are regular people and don't seem to have the same obsessions many of us have.

Same goes true for drug users or anything that is an addiction. You will always find a way, beyond the scrounging ability of normal people.
  6. Sleepylion Sleepylion Well-Known Member

I don't get poll at all, why are people more upset with the heresy items prices than the Rogue Trader ones? The way I see it, Heresy gears are no that many, very few can get to them, if we make them too cheap, then it will run out very fast. Either way they don't have as much impact on the game as the Rogue Trader items, because that's where most people will visit. The prices on it obviously need more attention.

That's like you question the price of a GTX Titan while ignore the price on a more common GTX 960.
  7. The thing is Bunny, it's not that I'm ignoring your future plans of purchasing the game, it's that I don't care. What you plan to do in the future is mostly irrelevant, I plan to buy a house one day, that doesn't make me a homeowner. Same here, you plan on being a customer, but you aren't one. You're just a windowshopper accusing actual customers of being cheap. Now, the fact that you aren't an actual customer wouldn't particularly matter, if it weren't for the fact that your arguments are weak anyways and you've been a total ass through this whole discussion long before everyone got tired of your shit. Really at this point you're a liability to your own viewpoint as your every post just makes it look like people that support the current prices are elitist jackasses.

Still, it's rather funny that you accuse everyone else of being on an emotional rampage and ignoring minor points of your rants, like I said, you're a hypocrite. You've never considered or respected anyone else's viewpoint since you've started, why would anyone respect yours?
    Vaanes and Djemo-SRB like this.
  8. /yawn.

A lot of words for someone who doesn't care.

Any more?

I suppose my points aren't as good as, "I have other financial priorities and can't afford these prices. Please lower them." All the reasons why the prices "fail" have been straw man at best.

I attempted to alter perception of the few dollars over the "acceptable amount" that the experts around here seem to think product in this game should cost, but obviously if something doesn't support someones argument, they ignore it. People who don't understand the true cost of production and can't think two steps in front of their face.

I acknowledge that people want to gain as much access they can for the least amount. Doesn't mean it's a healthy thing for the game out of the gates. They need the flex room.

I don't think you understand what hypocrite means. If I was also asking for a discount whilst attack others, a space would indeed be a spade.

And you don't have to be a homeowner to be an expert on real estate.

The path of GW IP games choked with their own corpses should be enough for people to actively support this game asking high tier fees, though I doubt many of the people selfishly advocating Flea Market prices were even around or capable of experiencing said games.

We'll see I guess.
  9. Well, I tried. I'm out, but let me leave you your reward.
    Vaanes likes this.
  10. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

you missed the part where we have more than 300$ in points of the rouge trade shop?