Background Image

Rogue Trader Prices (poll)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djemo-SRB, Jun 29, 2014.

?

Are you content with the current prices in the RT/Founders store?

1. Regular FStore items yes, Heresy gear no

24.8%
  2. Regular FStore items no, Heresy gear yes

14.3%
  3. Im content with neither the Regular nor Heresy prices

44.9%
  4. Im content with all the prices as is

16.0%
  1. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Well, the 4 slots are more so that you can play all four races if you buy the pack, not that the individuality of two Eldar characters that you own would really differ that much over time.

So I'd be hesitant to go too far into what real worth is beyond the 4 slots. The obvious and real value is being able to play all factions. But duly noted.
  2. I stand by what I said, but I don't expect an immediate adjustment of the RT store and think it works fine as a pre-order bonus. But in the long run I find the median pricing to be too high for the post-launch market. I understand the industry itself has a precedent for these kinds of cash shop pricing, but I don't tend buy stuff from their shops either. If I drop an additional 20 bucks on a game it's for game extending DLC content. In this case as it's meant to keep the servers going over time I'd be willing to make an exception and splurge on occasion depending on the pricing.
    Vaanes and TheEasterplatypus like this.
  3. Raise the prices. Everytime a new thread like this is created, raise them again. Continue raising them until people stop creating these threads!
    Oveur likes this.
  4. Frank FrankM Curator

wait, are you saying the relic weapons will always be 35k points or are you saying they will always only be 500 of them each?
  5. He's saying when they release a batch of limited edition gear that the numbers such as "500 Available" means that there is only 500 for sale and the guy trying to buy the 501st Relic Weapon is shit out of luck because they're gone.
    Oveur likes this.
  6. Frank FrankM Curator

ok ya, thats understandable. just checking
  7. You'll see sales post launch. Not right away, but being able to give a decent discount creates a sense of urgency in buyers and populates the game. If they had things as low as people want them, those sales would lose their impact as the value of the game decreases dramatically. "Meh. I don't care about the sale. It's only $5 for this normally."

They have an idea of what kind of numbers they want for beta and launch. People assume they want hundreds of thousands. Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I would like to avoid ques and intense lag in my firefights if at all possible. They can update their gear if needed once they stress test shit. If the game is a real success, I can't see everyone on the same server. Multiple Battlefields.
  8. The beatings will continue until morale improves, ehh Freddy? Bringing prices to Nathan's attention complete, mission accomplished. Nathan's response, well put and reassuring. Thanks Nathan, I think we all appreciate the reply and the approach you took which this issue.
    Oveur and TheEasterplatypus like this.
  9. I'm sure they understand people want to pay less for more.
  10. I am certainly not expecting anything to be handed to me on a silver platter and really want this game to realize its full potential (be well regarded and profitable!) At the same time, I feel having a hero (regardless of spawn time, model quality, etc.) priced at $25 in points is simply going to look bad to 99.9% of the players we want to reach. I am glad to know that these prices will be looked at and likely be brought into line with what we see in the cosmetics shops of other B2P games (which this is first and foremost.) I very much believe in this game and the team developing it and am quite alright with spending some extra to get neat, shiny bells and whistles. Again, it comes down to making that checkout feel good, and if these were the final prices as of today, it most certainly would not "feel good."

It's weird to me seeing someone argue so adamantly for really high prices like Panzer (who has apparently invested nothing into this game themselves and yet demands we pay an arm and a leg for everything) has been doing for the last 14 thread pages. That is some real dedication to wallet masochism, Slaanesh would be proud.
    Djemo-SRB and Vaanes like this.