Background Image

Rogue Trader Prices (poll)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djemo-SRB, Jun 29, 2014.

?

Are you content with the current prices in the RT/Founders store?

1. Regular FStore items yes, Heresy gear no

24.8%
  2. Regular FStore items no, Heresy gear yes

14.3%
  3. Im content with neither the Regular nor Heresy prices

44.9%
  4. Im content with all the prices as is

16.0%
  1. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Considering everyones making 50 threads on the same thing might as well join the fad for a brief while, considering i missed a thread that actually polled the opinions.

So yeah, vote your asses off.
    I think everyone said their peace (including myself multiple times) in the other 20 threads around this subject, i primarily wanted to poll the opinions.

But feel free to continue discussing if you wish here too.
    Also give your desired prices i guess.
  2. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

Heresy - I feel these are too expensive but I can understand their goal to achieve that 5% of players owning heresy items. I just hope they don't forget to tweak it and refund players if they find that the sales are much lower than 5% of player pop.

Regular items - I feel the Heroes are WAAAAY too expensive. Armor pieces seem appropriately priced.
  3. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Tree fiddy.

Honestly Heresy gear, sell it for US$100 if people are that nuts. No use judging someone's wallet or how they wield it. Such is commerce.

RT. Heroes I would have thought 1500 would have been okay. Actually was expecting to have Vehicles be waaaay more pricey than a sub-standard (literally) Hero. Anyway the gear is fine.
    Abenobashi, Joram and SverBerntyre like this.
  4. Zoatibix Zoatibix Preacher

I don't mind the Heresy stuff being that price as it is clearly meant to be a 'luxury' item for those with a lot of cash to buy things.

Armour and weapons should range from $5-$10 depending on their size, quality, rarity.

Heroes I think should be $15-20. Expensive enough to be a bit rare or special.

The vehicles I'm fine with at their current price. I want them to be special and rare.

As an aside, will Founders still be able to buy Founders only stuff from the store after launch? I know Miguel said that items will be viewable but not if they are still purchasable.
  5. FabricatorGeneral Unbihexium Forum Beta Tester

I definitely agree that RT stuff is overpriced, specifically in the area of Heros and vehicles. The more expensive armor set and the weapons are also too much.
    I don't mind the heresy gear prices in concept, but I would love to get more of it without breaking my wallet and the exclusivity element can be maintained simply via the limited quantity, so I'm gonna vote that I'm not happy with either.
    Abenobashi and easterplatypus like this.
  6. Imon Antolin Preacher

Things are going well, do not spoil things with some unjustified as a weapon (which is supposedly only aesthetic) prices, etc ...
    Abenobashi and easterplatypus like this.
  7. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

i imagine when the game will have like 40-50 item per faction and will keep grow with more and more item year after year.
    in short: with this price if someone like to collect all and own all, it will cost more than a p2p game.
    Rikamar, Vaanes, Rogal_Dorn and 3 others like this.
  8. Imon Antolin Preacher

Exactly 25 € is a very expensive price for a weapon.
    easterplatypus likes this.
  9. The entire point of the Founder system is to generate interest and see what people are thinking. Are they expensive? Duh, but whether you buy it is your choice. And dont forget this is already fully funded. This is extra money that we are all idiotically pitching in just for pixels on a screen. Personally, I have dropped way too much into 40k already, I am hooked, and I sure aint gonna stop now! Warhammer is expensive... dont tell me we didnt all know that coming into this?!
    RufusUltra likes this.
  10. BookofLorgar Kor Subordinate

Reposting from the other thread:

35 bucks in DOTA2 gets you a new character model, voice, ability sounds, particle effects, animations, etc, or 2.50 for a full alt costume. League gives you the same full overhaul for around 20, and an entire alt costume for 10 bucks or less. And with your last project, Star Citizen, they got full on space ships. DoW2 has an entire army reskinned for 7 dollars, Space Marine you get full reskins for a couple bucks.

Eternal Crusade by contrast has a bolter with tape wrapped around it for 35 dollars. Or a single sword for 15 dollars.

If you're going to gouge us on microtransactions (I miss the days when the Horse Armor DLC was universally mocked. Whatever happened to gaming?) at least give us a bit more bang for our buck.

A space marine Iron Halo with a heavenly glow, some sort of CSM helm with warpfire, etc, would probably have been better received. If your payment model is really "pay2cool," make the stuff cool. If you don't have the resources to do so, drop the price.

The stuff in the founders store manages to be both a much lower quality than most DLC, while also being several times as expensive. That's actually pretty impressive considering how overpriced skins already are.
    Rikamar, Aurarion, Senjan and 11 others like this.