Background Image

Rodeo Slugga or Big Shoota for Shoota Boyz?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Spooky_Carnage, May 28, 2017.

1. Spooky_Carnage Subordinate

Topic. Started playing Orks a few weeks back (i've actually fallen in love with the green tide playstyle, they feel way more brawl-y than the other races). Haven't unlocked the Big Shoota yet, but I managed to snag the Rodeo Shoota. The fire rate is a massive step up from the normal shoota in my opinion (makes it feel more consistent if you can control the recoil at close range), but comparing the stats between the Rodeo Shoota and the yet-to-be-unlocked Big Shoota, it looks like the Big Shoota has identical stats, but with better accuracy and recoil.

Anyone have any opinions/thoughts for a comparison of the two? I dunno the loadout point cost for the Big Shoota yet either, but I have enough to get the upgrade to knock off 100LP, which is probably what i'm going to do. Rodeo Shoota, for reference, is 450, knocked down to 350 with the Shoota LP upgrade.

EDIT - I have no idea why I said 'Slugga' instead of 'Shoota' in the title and in the post.
  2. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Rodeo for short range since you only need to manage recoil which isn't hard. Long range dead shiny shoota with a scope. Learn to use the 2x or 3.4 scope while toggling with B and you have a good long range weapon. Big shootas work more as a support weapon to suppress rooms while doing damage. If you are less mobile just use a dakka deffgun if you have to move around a lot to support then the big shoota.

And don't ever get close to an enemy. A knife weilding Tac can exploit your gun windup to prevent you from being able to fight back.
    thantrus and Spooky_Carnage like this.
  3. Spooky_Carnage Subordinate

The Big Shoota has gun windup? That's weird. Thanks for the advice regardless. Guess they're both sorta in their own league then.
  4. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

The Big Shootah basically turns the Boy into a light-weight Devastator equivalent whereas the Rodeo serves the role of a stormbolter.

I like to use the Rodeo along with a frag grenade bundle mounted up on Gold armor with a Rusty Gob, as a room-clearing build.

I use the Big Shootah as a mobile turret, with Gold armor and Iron Gob, no consumables. Key to the weapon is that you generally don't want to stop firing until the target is dead or you can get into cover, as any amount of crouching, d-bashing and rolling immediately forces the gun-windup upon the user again.
    Spooky_Carnage likes this.
  5. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

Personally i prefer big shoota over other options because of the most important factor in this game: it looks cooler
  6. MannDeus Recruit

I too prefer big shoota. But to be honest, big shoota is a teamplayer's tool. Gives light supression and means of attacking from range where normal shoota can't reliably hit.

Both shoota and rodeshoota can be beasts of weapon when you got the recoil managed in short-medium ranges too. I just suck using them..
  7. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Standard shoota with drum mag textured grip and cqc barrel are better then both imo.Rodeo is good until you unlock all the mods for the standard shoota.Why? Rodeo is difficult to get head shots with,for me it kills in about the same amount of time as a modded shoota because shoota gets more headshots.

Could never get on with the bigshoota the wind up on it irritates me and you can't shoot nades mid air with it.I've never noticed the suppression effect actually doing anything on either side of the barrel.Handy for marking targets with the suppression symbol above there heads if nothing else.
  8. Arteek Arteek First Blood!

The big shoota is the best "tactical" ranged weapon in the game since its last buffs so that's a no brainer.
  9. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

Big shoota 4 life. Slap a grip and the heavy barrel on it and it's Showtime.
    Spooky_Carnage likes this.
  10. Spooky_Carnage Subordinate

After unlocking the Big Shoota, and playing around with both for a day or so, I can say that the Big Shoota definitely feels more 'general purpose' than the Rodeo Shoota. Don't get me wrong, I love both, but being able to turn your run of the mill shoota boy into a mini loota boy without all the downsides is incredible. And as long as you don't stop firing until SOMETHING dies, you're usually good.