Background Image

Revert Health / Armor for now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrDooManiC, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Oh I hear you man, it's rough. The Crozius can clang with the best of em, but if you wanted to survive (pre patch) you'd go with armor and survival wargear plus a mandatory healing nade/beacon with nothing on the Crozius. Now? Good luck heh. It is what it is though, just need to adapt somehow, at least the way I see it.
  2. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

Sekret Ork documents....

Painboy has never been better. Use 2nd tier syringe, damage buff, juice, and healing keg.
    • 125 durability weapon
    • Just under 200 damage per heavy attack
    • 30% lifesteal
    • 33 poison per hit
    • continuous healing
  3. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

the only thing new is the 30% life steal... it doesn't beat having more 75 armor, in terms of gameplay, nor in terms of supporting. if you are "benefiting" from the life steal. you aren't supporting....
    You are gonna be shot at from a distance, good luck hitting with your seringe there...
    BlackGoo likes this.
  4. I do think they need to experiment, the game isn't going to get good if they just keep trying to polish a turd.
    With that said they do need some quality control, especially with the TTK.
  5. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

The juice, higher default penetration, and that fact everyone has less health/armor/toughness.

Try it yourself and tell me that pain-boy is not in a better place.
  6. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

I never found hard getting kills with a painboy. Always used dakka sluga + master crafted seringe with poison mod.

Now it's only the matter, "can you actually reach your target without dieing"?
  7. Remo RemoSupremo Confessor

Don't forget the Wolf Priest. ;)
  8. Berbom Berbom Preacher

Considering that any support in default gear goes from 100 to 0 in one nade... In case of enemy fire - DIE!
    But really, what devs tried to do with support is not to over-shine the other classes.
    Sorcs/warlock - marginal achievement since now if you get in melee, you die. But you can heal/rez at distance. Gameplay of a raid healer in WoW, is entertaining to some, not most.
    Apothecary - totally failed since before patch you can run in, rez/heal and run away. Now you hug the corners, and cosplay as a drugie (since you need to survive somehow). Bolter for life and 25 medkids for self (since you can only heal after the fight is over and noone stops before entering the room to get that buff of yours). Tactical is a better support since enemy can't hurt you if they are dead, any other kind of supporting is A LOT less helpfull.
    Pain boy - haven't played, never seen after patch.
    P.S. Somehow melta is the best support killing weapon
    SniffSteven likes this.
  9. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

It's because supports have one of the lowest armor values now, and/or Effective HP.
    Meaning less health pool to burn

If you can, try killing a support witha fusion pistol charge. I think it might be possible now....FEAR
  10. Grand Master Amadeus Shinikami Arkhona Vanguard

Throwing a +1 at you OP. I don't agree with all points, but I do agree that this wasn't a change for the better. The faster TTK doesn't appeal to me. I'm not here for CoD or Battlefield, I'm here for fisticuffs with the greenskins while we spend a good 15 seconds trying to knock eachother's teeth in. Love a battle of skill and ferocity where heroics can come into play. Current system feels to be lacking those moments where you can go clutch and turn the tide, honoring your Chapter, Warboss, or whatever the hell those silly space elves do things for.
    BlackGoo, Aceryl, Aislinn and 4 others like this.