Background Image

Return death count please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M0rbidDesire, Jun 20, 2016.

1. they should just do what planetside 2 does - one leaderboard with xp/kills and no death for global in the match, then one for personal statistics (k/d, sph, etc etc)
  2. THE NATHANIMAL EventHorizon Arkhona Vanguard

I understand what you're saying, but the fact is it's not impossible to get high kills and lead to a win. It's not as though you can't do one without the other. Also,getting a really high kill score doesn't mean you contributed nothing to the game. In fact even if you weren't doing it anywhere near objectives, chances are you contributed to the match because the more people you kill means the less people your teammates have to fight to take or defend objectives which equals more points controlled and defended.
  3. THE NATHANIMAL EventHorizon Arkhona Vanguard

I'd be fine with this. Still I simply enjoy seeing how good other good players.
    Monk1971 likes this.
  4. technically it's shown on the same screen, I guess - hit tab and see both leaderboards, but a differentiation would solve a lot of problems
  5. Scales Neuroactive Arkhona Vanguard

I'd like deaths back, just to know whether I'm improving or not. The kills alone don't tell me that. I am quite grateful they added assists though, now they just need to make it % increase of exp depending on how much damage you do.
  6. Chebalis bravo Curator

i totally agree with you...kills matter but why do deaths matter? thats why K/D ratio isnt neccesary just the kill count as it is now ;)
    0strum likes this.
  7. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

I say leave it the way it is. Positive reinforcement for everyone. Believe me when I say that in SM KDR only mattered in the deathmatch mode. In point capture, the only thing that mattered was the point itself. I can't tell you how many times I died on the point ftw.

I really want to see the assists become functional, especially for support characters. Kills in this game are actually Executions, since downing a player can result in them getting rescued, which is another reason why counting deaths on the board isn't really a thing.

I used a falcon yesterday and got 10 kills on the same person because his team mate kept getting him up. I also have 6 screenshots of 50+ to 0 KDR of predator gameplay. His KDR remained the same and mine skyrocketed. Again, KDR is utterly useless in this game and the amount of times you'll be losing to teamplay will make this argument totally invalid other than making a loss feel slightly better because hey, you had a predator, lascannon, or Plasma Cannon and sat back not dying and killing. Personally, there's better ways of making such loses feel better.
    0strum likes this.
  8. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

...or shield bro...
  9. THE NATHANIMAL EventHorizon Arkhona Vanguard

Displaying deaths only matters for personal interest, the only reason I object to it's removal is I am ideologically opposed to the fallacy that having both K/D displayed creates toxic behavior and that players shouldn't be privy to the personal enjoyment of knowing K/D of all players in the same way athletes and fans enjoy knowing the statistics of other players. It doesn't create toxic behavior, and it doesn't magnify it, as has been proven by ass holes currently playing right now without Deaths being displayed.

I am opposed to taking away the enjoyment of non-troll others, by implementing a policy that doesn't address the problem it is purported to.
  10. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Meh, it's - moreover, was, a testament on the dysfunction of melee, just as the PC is a testament to the dysfunction of ranged.

Case in point- buffed MoN.