Background Image

Restrict All Lore References From Character/guild Names

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tornadium, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Grigdusher Grigdusher Well-Known Member

so all are happy all are ok with the solution? how is this possibile? it's a sort of magic?
    Kell and Urian Velos like this.
  2. Kinda.

If you read the first bit, he makes it clear that Strike Forces and Squads will be have their own names. And it will be possible to reserve these later in the day. The interesting part is that these can't mix with RL, suggesting that the restrictions might be quite high.

Meanwhile, the guild name you use in all other places still exists in the background for linking to the Founders Pack and other possible website-based uses.

So no-one's reserved anything in-game yet. But we will be able to, at some point in the future.

Hate to sound like a devil's advocate here, but I think this issue has been postponed, not resolved. But it looks like those wanting a more restricted solution may be in luck.
  3. Kaptin Zogbog Dedeye DaKaptin Well-Known Member

Only one fing left ta do. *ahem* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!
  4. I'm happy because of this

Don't know about the rest of you.
  5. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

And nobody thanks me for engaging Miguel on the topic, you are welcome guys! XD

EDIT:
    Needs more 'G' and more Dakka.
  6. Grigdusher Grigdusher Well-Known Member

Yes but these name really look more logistic/tactical/strategic name.
    I imagine that a squad/strike force name must be a name that the war council should speak in game while give order and similar.

Imagine if 3-4 squad or strikeforce have similar name only huge confusion.
  7. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

I see the War Council making lists of available names and lots of 'Alpha 0-9' 'Beta 0-9' 'Gamma 0-9' etc. ^^ Or Squads get auto-named after last name of the squad leaders char. Or auto-named after their account name.

Though since Strike Forces still get own names and somewhat represent Guilds, everything is going to be fine. And I am sure we get a STRONG limited list of names available *See the WAR example*
    Laanshor and Grigdusher like this.
  8. daymarecelestia Forum Beta Tester

I'm a very original person as you can see but really you shouldn't be able to name your clan "Ultramarines", just causes drama for no real gain.
  9. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

May wanna put Miguels stuff in the first post for the new-comers so we have not a repeat of the thread all over like with the gender threads....
  10. CrazyCanadian24 CrazyCanadian24 Well-Known Member

That would be wise, yes.
    Urian Velos likes this.