Background Image

Replacement Options for Double Melta

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Seraphel, Dec 21, 2017.

?

Of the Options Below, which is the best Doublemelta replacement.

1. Stronger Melta

2. Vulnerable Melta

3. Weaker Double Melta

4. Stronger Fusion Rifle

5. Meltatraps

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Seraphel Recruit

Read carefully then vote, or suggest something yourself.

Option 1: Stronger Melta
    Boost eldar melta from 4k to 7k damage, remove double melta.

Option 2: Vulnerable Melta
    Melta remains 4k, but vehicle takes x2 damage for 15 seconds, remove double melta.

Option 3: Weaker Melta
    Eldar Meltabomb reduced to 3.5k, double melta remains

Option 4: Stronger Fusion Rifles
    Eldar fusion rifles deal x1.5 heat ailment to vehicles, remove double melta.

Option 5: Meltatraps
    Eldar meltabomb explodes when driven over, remove double melta.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Right. We haven't found a satisfying answer in the past year, but that is going to change today.
    I tell you what we do: We keep everything exactly the way it is! Why? Because the entire "Eldar-AV-OP"-argument is bullshit. All AV is 'overpowered' and, at the same time, not.

It is a parallel battle to the infantry-fights: You can allocate resources to Infantry or/and to Tanks and have to win both, preferably.
    The problem is that Tank, Anti-Tank and Counter-Anti-Tank all suffer from distinct issues much more than infantry-fighting. You want to fix AV? Rework the entire spawning and vehicle-combat system. Until then, don't try to touch a single part of a working system or you will collapse it all.
    In many ways, Eldar vehicle-combat mirrors Eldar infantry combat: It is faster, more lethal for both sides and teamwork and battlefield awareness are more important.
    It is an unfortunate coincidence that this affects vehicle balance in a different way than normal balance.

Whatever you do, you will end up with either of these, two solutions:
    -Nothing changes. It doesn't matter, whether I need 1 second or 1.2 seconds to kill a Rhino. Nobody defends those things, nobody can stop me. There is no counterplay for either side against a good AV-player other than push and hope you don't need reinforcements
    -Vehicle TTK for and against Eldar gets normalized, meaning you get immortal lawnmowers and also have to, subsequently, buff our defensive classes so we can still hold a point.
    Dragonkindred likes this.
  3. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Option 6: Make bomb-bundle a veteran-only item, change nothing else.
    crowe-leretour likes this.
  4. Make stalker bolter veteran option as well and I'm okay
  5. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

I'd much rather have it be correctly done, where it essentially was using a projectile, bullet-drop, penetration so high that it's damage could not be resisted/reduced with toughness, and the "heartpiercer" effect of going through the target.. as it's supposed to be.

The Stalker "bolter" itself isn't anything else than a modified Mark 5b Godwyn Bolt gun with a new targeting system, extended barrel (and quasi~flash-hider at the tip of the extended barrel that's often replaced by the suppressors they're often fitted with), that fires the stalker rounds. The stalker rounds are just conventional-style expanding gas propelled projectiles tat are diamond-tipped with hardened cores. Nothing that makes them do any more damage, they're literally just supposed to be "assassin-tools" to have projectiles capable of being fired silently and go through the armor of any target (and yes the rounds they fire would in theory be able to ding vehicle armor a tiny bit).

Needless to say, it's not exactly correct in EC, but the rate-of-fire reduction wouldn't be there either (even if the 5b doesn't have full auto, doesn't mean it can be fired as fast as the standard godwyn bolter can if it were to be actually fired at that speed by the user squeezing the trigger fast enough)
  6. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

take Fuegans + one melta bomb, AV like everyone else ?
    Mind = Blown.
    crowe-leretour and Mainfold like this.
  7. You know that's a pure nerf to Eldar AV Eagle? Because all other tanks have more HP than the Eldar tanks it makes tactical better AV than a dedicated AV class. If you want 2x melta gone you need to up the damage of the Eldar Melta bomb. Funny thing is your asking for more survival on a FD ensuring that they can kill a tank by doing this. But hey as long as LSM are happy right?
    Katitof and Dragonkindred like this.
  8. Velenor Subordinate

I'd honestly like to see a stronger fusion weapon purely to make the fire dragon a viable close range combat option.
    In which case I'd like to see a buff beyond 1,5x the heat ailment. for one the heat shouldn't build up as quickly so it's actually useful to use against more than 1 enemy per heat bar, and maybe giving it a bit of an increased range as well?
    I donno, I'd just like to see the fire dragon used for stuff beyond killing tanks and immediately redeploying.
    Dragonkindred likes this.
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

horrible idea , FD is an Av class , you can already do a good AI with fuegan's resolve , buffing the melta would be stupid
  10. Velenor Subordinate

why would it be stupid? they could kill vehicles faster and be a viable choice outside of pure anti-tank. I actually like being able to play every class in my faction instead of redeploying the moment a vehicle is destroyed.
    nobody picks fire dragon veterans because theyre a single purpose unit. Meltaweapon equipped weapons in things like the tabletop can be perfectly useful cqc fighters.