Background Image

Reivers=Night Lords

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Brother-Bardiel, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

IMG_1561.JPG

So every Chapter is now adopting these Night Lords wannabes, using Night Lords terror tactics and wearing skull helmets.

As a Night Lords fan I find this kinda funny and slightly insulting, BAHAHAHA!
  2. Cato Sicarious: I CATA SICARIOUS WOULD LIKE TO INFORM MY LIEGE THAT THE NEW SCOUT COMPANY IS READY FOR YOUR INSPECTION.

Guilliman: ""ULTRA SIGH" Very well bring them in....

Reiver Marine: GLORIOUS HONORARY PRIMARCH! WE ARE THE REIVERS, WE SHALL STRIKE FROM THE SHADOWS AND BRING....

Guilliman: STOP....."ULTRA STARE" Is that a grenade strapped to your breastplate........?

Reiver Mairne: My lord....?

Guilliman: CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

These new Primaris bomb squigs remind me of some edgy COD cosplayer.
    If I ever do get these abominations I will remove those stupid grenades for a start, then replace those silly helmets with a Corvus pattern helmet.
    Jorimel, Brother-Bardiel and Vindi like this.
  3. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Wasnt the entire reason of conlict between Alpha and Ultras that Guilliman found their methods "dishonorable and unnecessary" ? Whats up with those Reivers suddenly who are adopting Night Lord tactics, whoms methods are known to have been way more brutal than anything Alpha legion ever utilized.
    Night Lords terrorized for the sake of terror, Alphas were doing it on a purpose at the least. It just doesnt make sense that Ultramarines field other chapters doctrine(and whom they are known to fundamentally disagree with) through those Primaris.
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  4. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

those are flash bangs so if they do get shot there Chances are they will be knocked back, stunned, blinded and a free target which is not as funny as those being frags.
    Looks more like they stole from da kommandoz more then NL. Coming out screaming and shooting? Having a knife and s pistol? Strapping explosives or ammo at locations where they can be hit? All kommandoz
    Imperator5 likes this.
  5. Does their armour have grenade-shaped slots to place grenades in, or are those grenades just halves you need to attach to each other to get 1 whole grenade?

6. Belisarius Cawl: ....and now you understand my Lord.

Guilliman: I was wrong to doubt you old friend.

Belisarius Cawl: I knew you would've seen reason, now bring in the Inceptors.

Guilliman: "ULTRA SCOWL" CAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Not so stupid after all I guess, can Primaris Marines even be blinded? Because their obsolete brothers already have some pretty OP eye sight.
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  7. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

No clue on that, I know white noise can blind normal marines even with their helmets as can certain ammount of light that damages/destroyed their helmet filters so I assume same can be applied to the new uber marines tho they have probely more registrant to those things.
    KorgasTheReforged likes this.
  8. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

well, it would seem Chaplain's helmets are no longer special.
  9. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

This is something that bothers the hell outta me, Space Marines are becoming my least liked 40K faction with all this Primaris shit coming.
  10. I'm guessing you haven't read the recent Regimental Standard on them?
    https://regimental-standard.com/2017/06/28/dont-fear-the-reiver/

While the Adeptus Astartes know no fear, their enemies certainly do! The purpose of the Reivers is to exploit the cowardice of our enemies through the use of shock tactics and advanced training. You are unlikely to encounter any of these warriors directly, but should you find yourself face to face with a skull-faced giant in power armour in the middle of the night, welcome him with open arms – he is most likely a Reiver.*

[​IMG]

* If any of the following details are also present – red wings on the helmet, flayed hides, or a corona of daemonic lightning – immediately consult Volume 2 of the Infantryman’s Threat Identification Field Guide, 49th edition, section ref. 17.a66.4111 – Hereticus Majoris (revised)
    Imperator5 likes this.