Background Image

Refunded game never got removed from my Steam library

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Imperator5, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Hello!

I refunded the game on 2015.10.14 and never played it after the refund. You can check that I have 2 hours played on that day and have not launched or installed the game since the refund. The refund went through fine. Yet it is still in my library with Legacy and Weapons and Armour pack DLCs unlocked.

Now that the game has become free to play, what should I do? I may try F2P out, but I'm afraid that it would bill me for the very expensive founder pack again.

I could not find a technical issues section, so I posted here.
  2. Katie Fleming KatieFleming Community Manager

Have you tried deleting the game from your library? It's impossible that you'll be billed for the Founder pack, they don't exist anymore ;)

I'd try deleting the game then installing the F2P.
  3. would suggest just trying to install and run it

nothing bad can happen

if it dont work then contact steam support
  4. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your kind replies.

I uninstalled the game before I refunded, and I never tried to re-install it because I felt that would have been dishonest to Behavior. But now that its free to play, I'll give it a try and see if all goes well.

I had one of the middle range ones, but if the game is currently 20 dollars or such, I may just buy it if it has gotten better. The fact that I get the progression bonus that has been delayed if I buy is a good incentive to stay around and wait, because if the game gets better and I buy it, I'll gain all that XP too.
  5. Katie Fleming KatieFleming Community Manager

Cool beans, let us know how it works out!
  6. and then... if he really can play with his refunded founders pack... then we perma ban him right? ROOOIIGHT?!? :OrkMoon:

katie is so curel :OrkDeffskull:

im just joking :OrkMoon:
    KatieFleming likes this.
  7. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Well, I can and I can't. I got RT points but no pre-order stuff at all like new weapons or such, and I can theoretically use assault classes. At least I think so, I only used Devastator and Tactical, but they are not greyed out and I can edit loadouts.
    So far I have not touched any RT points.

I could have just went with them, but Behavior has always treated me fairly, and since the ME3-ME:A debacle, I think that is very valuable trait in a company.

I can also say that the marines are a bit... clunky, and slow for the Tyranid mode. Evade-rolling is not working as it did in Space Marine. I'm not sure if this is a problem or just a PVP feature that affects the PVE unfortunately. Shooting at range also seems rather hard for aiming, unlike in space marine. This again could be a feature to prevent PVP from becoming a "boom headshot" affair.

I think I'll try out Shoota boys next, orks seem very well done. The floaty "advice squigs" are a brilliant touch.
  8. Threule Threule1994 Firebrand

The main problem with marines and nids is that LSM dont have no seal of speed or whatever to run more, while chaos do, so chaos can run from a warrior without actually running, while a marine cant
  9. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Melee seems really hit and miss. I gave Slugga and ASM a try and boy, the slugga needed 4-5 hits to kill a damn gaunt. With how slow melee is , that was like 5-7 seconds. Shoota's melee just tickles them. Either this is a hitbox problem or nids just need to take more damage from melee. This is really a problem since melee can stagger you back and you are basically stunlocked into dying.

The whole parry and focus mechanic also makes melee very awkward. I'm afraid my main problems from the Alpha remain, the game just changed a lot of space marine things that did not need changing. The fact that Sm/CSm look the same and a lot of PVP maps are very dark does not help either.

In the whole, the sluggishness just gives an air of randomness and luck to the game instead of skill. In space marine, a good Tactical would roll back and blast the ASM. The ASM would evade this by triggering the jetpack or be gunned down. Here, your roll is slow and clumsy, and you only got a chance to live because the melee is clumsy too and the jetpack is clumsy too, and slow to recharge. My Devastator in SM was more agile than the Tactical and Assault classes here.

It is a real pity because the game is obviously one that the team put a lot of effort, creativity and passion into. You can see it in all the little touches like the aformentioned advice squigs. They did not just push out unpolished, uninspired shovelware like ME:A or a lot of mobile games and think that "Oh big game title will carry us" , but instead worked hard.
  10. My advice is playing for at least 10 h before you shelve it, it takes some time getting accustomed to things.