Background Image

Raven Guard

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by BrotherSpiritus, Jun 17, 2014.

1. sXep Sxep Steam Early Access

Agree, mk4 is also very cool.
    I caaaaan't wait for customizations..arg so bored of the current looks..
    HeavyGunner and Galen like this.
  2. Murtag Murtag Cipher

Mk6 is also the most common mark of armor next to Mk7
    Sxep and RavenClaw like this.
  3. [​IMG]

Death from the Skies further confirms that the Raven Guard have fully adopted the Codex Astartes for their chapter and squad markings.
    HeavyGunner likes this.
  4. Ferro Bellator HeavyGunner Arkhona Vanguard

Its good to see that this thread is still semi active in forums and that there are people that hope that they will be in EC in a latter time.
    Anvael and RavenClaw like this.
  5. Murtag Murtag Cipher

I really hate how they took one little bit of flavor the RG still had. I sure as hell don't paint my models with company based trim. Raven Guard have trim based on tactical function and do company number on the knee.
    Hell_Grunt likes this.
  6. Indeed, it is things like that that help define a chapter, much like how the White Scars were retconned into having devastators now.
  7. Murtag Murtag Cipher

It's like they want to sell more marines and make them the dominant faction, but they want to make them all as generic as possible.
    HeavyGunner likes this.
  8. Shiani Brujah Preacher

We've already got the Ultramarines for that. And in their case it's gone the other way and they get stuff that differentiates them from the norm (the whole Roman themed armour). Guess it sucks when you're not popular enough to get the attention you deserve.
  9. Murtag Murtag Cipher

Compared to their 30k treatment, Ultramarines have been reduced to very little as well.

The Kauyon gave RG some good rules that I like, but it also kept up the whole company trim thing. A lot of the formations are meh in my opinion, but you can get pretty silly with the right build. You can drop two vanguard vet squads, a couple drop pods, and a stormraven with sternguard and a dreadnought, all on turn 1 if you get lucky. The veterans and pods can be guaranteed if you want, and the raven full of death has a 50% chance. I've also really enjoyed being able to purposefully fail morale checks and fall back 3d6 with my assault marines.
  10. Operator Recruit

I would put $20 in the store to thank them for adding Raven Guard