Background Image

Raptors after Patch 1.8.26

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by acepost, Oct 20, 2018.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi guys, how do you build Raptors now after they have changed the Fuel Regeneration for Jump Pack units?

What is an ideal Mark of Chaos for Raptors, Khorne or Slaanesh or Nurgle?
  2. We don’t
  3. acepost acepost Active Member

Are you saying Raptors are outclassed by SM JPA?
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I run them the same as before.

Most ideal would be MoS just for the regen just like before.
    Altho MoK can be fun too. but you'll def miss the fuel regen.
    MoN got slightly better now ( 0.8 seconds extra regen time after penalty ? ) and it's still like before as in that your not really a Raptor just a slightly more maneuverable MoN TA which is slightly less durable compared to one. and should be played as one and not like a Raptor. Plus you get to use NCS !!
    If you enjoy MoN TA you can probably also enjoy MoN Raptor as they play similar and you are almost as durable and you can use your spacebar to escape or traverse vertically .. something you can't with a MoN TA..

plus wall clinging.... like a fly.. is totally Nurgle approved.
    Dharchaon81 likes this.
  5. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

As fun as the jump class is still nobody plays them because Muh Bolter Rollexploit still reigns supreme and will continue to do so, oppressing the games growth, health and well being till it is long dead and buried because there are no devs left to fix the problems?
    Krayt likes this.
  6. Dharchaon81 Dharchaon81 Arkhona Vanguard

Raptor now feels more viable to me.
    MoS is still the go-to option, but Raptor MoN now got a second life imo.

Mark of Slaanesh and the regen-buff together makes me feel of
    been able to jump as often as I want to, especially with 4 fuel-Jumppack.

Personally I have no trouble with the so-called great-exploit, like rollex or ADAD.
    When engaged with such an opponent, I'll take the challange and try to withstand.
    The well-known i-frames (invulnerable on rolls or jumps) are as annoying as the actions above,
    and less explainable in case of what a Adeptus Astartes (alt. CSM, Ork or Eldar) could do and what not.
    (compare invulnerable for seconds with step left-to-right or shoot-while-crouching)

I do not want to escalate this thread with this toxic topic, so lets stay on Raptor class.
  7. acepost acepost Active Member

I completed the 5 wins needed for the Chaos campaign with some use of a MOS and MON NCS raptors. I get frags and do not see any serious rollex or ADAD issues... so I do not know what Rollex or ADAD issues people suffer from, maybe I fight with honourable players most of the time.
  8. Maybe......
    But when you see someone named "Rolex god" with a guild tag rolx, rollexing to the warp and back, camping with a stalker on a triple capped game and harassing people for being 'bad' after the game just because they got ~30 kills and the next best was under 10.... You know this game's got an issue
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

yep this issue is named no mmr system