Background Image

Raptor builds

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Data8671, Jun 1, 2018.

1. No, I -just as @Catnium said- find that they're just squishy and I don't like to play them. What a GA lacks in mobility it gains in survivabiltiy so I can- when it comes to it- survive for long enough to cause actual damage to the enemy if there are more than a few enemies around.
    see here (although not the best example, it'll do):
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWklFXnv-M8
    vampire_dio and Catnium like this.
  2. For me: INTERNET SARCASM SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1) am I playing EC? If yes: play melee, if no: start EC and play melee

For real though, yeah that is about right. I find Melee to be very good on defence actually if I can flank well on that map, and JPAs just attract attention. Whether I have competent enemies or not determines which weapon to use. Chainsword or Power Maul for average enemies, mainly Power Maul for everyone else.
    Catnium likes this.
  3. vampire_dio vampire_dio Well-Known Member

that mace looks beastly bro!! so in your opinion. chainsword and mace is the best. axe is neither here nor there?
    i like chainswords too. the revving sound is awesome.
    should i save enuff to get this badboy? best looking chainsword i ever seen. CS.jpg
  4. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Its just a master crafted chainsword minus the badass looks.I don't find any need to have a master crafted weapon of any sort apart from a las cannon but if you are willing to sacrifice some LP to look cool go for it,I do.
    vampire_dio likes this.
  5. vampire_dio vampire_dio Well-Known Member

ok. other than Lascannon. pretty much everything else is for looks. got it.
  6. Mekitoiss URIELFUKKENVENTRISS Well-Known Member

but they really suck lol
  7. Mekitoiss URIELFUKKENVENTRISS Well-Known Member

And we still have "bulling on heavy" challenge
    where other classes?
    it's rasist
  8. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Its preference.Mastercrafted bolter and the like give you less recoil but for me recoil has never been an issue so MC ranged stuff is useless for me.MC melee weapons give more durability but I don't find it necessary.Las cannon on the other hand has less charge time which is a must have imo.
    vampire_dio likes this.
  9. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

Okay...

I've seen a lot of people bash you in some of these threads and I pretty much always feel it is uncalled for.

but...

I can not agree with the clip you've chosen as proving your point of increased survival rate allowing the player to get more done. There were only 2 times you were being shot at in this video. In both cases the shooter had poor aim to begin with. Most of your opponents didn't even notice or even try to respond to you. This is not a display of survival. This is just guys not shooting at you.

Furthermore, both times where you were being shot at, I would have boosted and evaded the shots as JPA regardless.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to directly disagree with you. In fact i treasure that someone can find a way to validate ground assault for themselves. I want CSM ground assault to be effective and well-used... but the video clip you used does nothing to prove that or anything really.

I'm not trying to bash you either or join the bashwagon... I just have to see something when someone says "X point and here's the proof".. then the proof has almost nothing to do with the point.
    Data8671 likes this.
  10. Yeah I know it's not the best video, but it's the best one I have.
    The stats I think though do show what I mean