Background Image

Ranger Concept Art

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Alchy, Jun 12, 2014.

1. winbringer windbringer Active Member

I have only one thing to say...... CLOAKS!!!!!! First i was like o_O then i was like :eek: and then i was like :D

I think we need more input from the devs before we panic about P2W.

I would be quite offput if they offered founder only heroes with no non-founder version, i would not mind though if it was simply pay to be the first to use + a set of unique customization pieces.
    Mngwa likes this.
  2. Zoatibix Zoatibix Preacher

There are of course Rangers and Pathfinders in the TT game. I wouldn't mind one being an alternate-cosmetic-only Founders perk.
    easterplatypus likes this.
  3. Warmaster Nate Warmaster_Nate Well-Known Member

I've said all we want is explanation twice already and I'm standing by it. ^_^
    Ulfgard, Kudzu and Sentaph like this.
  4. Kudzu Kudzu Cipher

And cookies, Nate, we want cookies and explainations.
    Warmaster Nate likes this.
  5. Asurael Asurael Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see a TT Troop unit appear as a Hero unit. Either it will be buffed or it will be a cheap Hero IMO.

As for the artwork, it looks pretty good, it's cool that they made it Iyanden instead of the obvious Alaitoc =P. My only complaint is the armor chest piece, the plates seem too square and flat, but that's just nit-picking.
  6. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

It is a bit strange if they chose Rangers to be a hero unit... It can indeed be a cheap variation of one, but then again, if we get a hero unit, do we want him to sit back and pick his shots, or charge into battle and do something really awesome? :)

It also can be that the word "hero" in the newsletter has a bit different definition that we think, not an actual Hero unit inside of the game. 25th should clarify everything.
  7. Asurael Asurael Well-Known Member

Read this thread by the Lead Game Designer: http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/so-about-that-outcast-ranger.19851/#post-367717

It's basically as you say, it will be in between an Elite and Hero Unit, kind of on the cheap side of cost. Still looks pretty cool.
  8. Silvertongue New Member

The chestplate looks terribly off. The rest is awesome.
    Asurael likes this.
  9. very nice artwork I believe these gentlemen look nice as well

Rangers_Stalking.jpg
    Mngwa and Asurael like this.