Background Image

Ranged Executions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bossaroo, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Ravion LordRavion Subordinate

I don't disagree with the OP to be honest. I don't see why your character cant do something fancy before he delivers righteous judgement upon his enemies skull.
  2. Unglory Unglory Subordinate

The question is more the "how" then a yes or a no
  3. It's hard to do ranged executions in a fair way essentially, Beyond just shooting them from range or running up to them and using a Bolter point blank but then it becomes a melee execution.
  4. Ranged executions make sense in a single player game. But when you are fighting with and against real people its just not going to work.
  5. Ardenstrom Ardenstrom Active Member

Plasma actually leaves a scorched and heavily burnt body

The execution could be that + zooming:
    You see an "execute" icon, you shoot regularly and then comes an extreme close up of projectile piercing the body and tearing flesh apart
    Kaldor Draigo and bossaroo like this.
  6. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

I really like that 'zoom' effect that you see in MMO PvP videos often! Would be cool to have it in an execution!
  7. Personally I wouldnt like to be tied to an excution style move unless I want it to happen. A large battlefield is a dynamic place where life and death can be counted in a fraction of a second. It seems to me that there isnt a lot of thought here that this is not a single player game. Executions that even take a second will expose you to getting killed.
    Unglory likes this.