Background Image

Races And Alignment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Rytis, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Rytis Rytis New Member

Hello , First I want to write all races of WarHammer 40k that exist and some could be playable , (and some are already playable) : Chaos Space Marines , Chaos Daemons , Dark Eldar ,Eldar , Necrons , Orks , Tau Empire , Tyranids , Space Marines , Astra Militarum , Inquisition , Adepta Sororitas , Imperial Knights , Militarum Tempestus.
    [​IMG]
    Tyranids Should Be Playable !

And Second thing : The Alignment : there should be alignment of what you are good person or bad person even if your race is for example the Chaos Space Marine you could be able to free from your control and be good.
    If you've got some questions, some corrections , or something like that write it here please.

Have a good day people.
  2. Sorry but I dont see a lot of that happening, AT ALL.

In the Warhammer 40k universe you're ether a really passive bad guy, or you're just a major A-Hole who tries to kill and destroy anything that does not agree with his faction...

Also having all imperium assets fight each other is just ridiculous, I can understand SoB,IG, and SM fighting against each other in rare cases, and maybe inquisition, but to have EVERY single "mini-faction" in the imperium fighting each other just dosen't make a lot of sense, because they it wouldnt really be the "Imperium of man" now would it?

Plus tyranids are npcs for a reason, would it be interesting for them to be playable? Problably, and it MAY/MAY NOT be changed in the future, they are driven by the hive mind and the hive mind alone, to implement an "Alignment system" for them wouldn't make a lot of sense at all, since they have no understanding of morales and "good" or "evil".

Better to keep that alignment stuff in SWTOR :D.
    Chaplain Valerius, Galen and Anvael like this.
  3. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Best part of 40k, everything is evil so you can freely hate any faction ^^

There are different sorts of evil, though. So instead of a DnD alignment chart, I would go for "the varying degrees of evilness", which would include things like "chaos evil" (daemons and CSM), "future-predicting arrogant evil" (eldar), "what-we-do-is-right evil" (most of the imperium), "a-few-hundred-dead-men-is-still-okay-if-we-win evil" (IG), "we-don't-care-about-you-but-we-will-enslave-you-anyway evil" (dark eldar), "hive-mind!! evil", "wez gonna kik yer behindz evil" (orks) and all that.
    Just a few examples.
  4. Kenairyan Anvael Well-Known Member

"A good traitor is a free one." - Tome of redemption, page 4,571, line 17

"A free traitor is a dead one." - Tome of redemption, page 4,573, line 3

That's about "alignment" in the 40k universe, I guess you get the picture :rolleyes:

Have a good day too.
    Chaplain Valerius, Alchir and Vintage like this.
  5. Kenairyan Anvael Well-Known Member

Indeed, and even the tau aren't perfect. Here is a quote from an inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos:
    Alchir, Mngwa and Vintage like this.
  6. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

for some strange reason this reminds me the Delian league and how the Athenians were more equal than the rest:)
    Anvael likes this.
  7. Kenairyan Anvael Well-Known Member

Or the Athenians domestic policy, with the citizens having more rights than the metics ^^
  8. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

it wasnt only the Athenians that had this kind of domestic policy though pretty much every city at that time treated metics like that ....or even their own "lower"class citizens(Rome when it was a republic)
  9. Kenairyan Anvael Well-Known Member

Yeah I know (I've done some history studies before ^^), but I used the example of the Athenians because they had the first democratic system, which in fact - a lot of people tend to forget that - were only evolving a minority of men, the so-called citizens, whereas the women, metics and slave had little or no rights at all.
    Galen likes this.
  10. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

I don't want EC to be like SWTOR, I think no one wants EC to be like SWTOR, :\
    Khorlial and Vintage like this.